French soldier stabbed in Paris

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kyle6327, May 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It may be a bit premature of me to say, but it appears that a member of the so called religion of peace has struck again.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Not good.

On another note, the H4H BBBR cyclists are arriving in Paris this weekend for the start of their adventure. Best of luck to you all!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. The current description of the attacker (beard and a dishdasha) leave very little to the imagination as far as the motivations are concerned. Of course, the soldier was attacked from behind and the incident took place in the La Défense district which sees a large influx of immigrants during the week-ends.

The soldier, belonging to the 4 Chasseurs Regiment has been treated for superficial cuts.
  4. Glad to hear it's nothing too serious. Although it is worrying especially considering the weeks events.

Was he in uniform fantasassin? What is the script with attacking a soldier in France? A serious crime or just an assault as if it were any other citizen?
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

He was on duty..

Glad the soldiers OK.

French soldier stabbed in neck - police source

6. You're confused, it must have been a visiting Amish farmer from Pennsylvania. he merely was yelling where could he get an Olive Snackbar for lunch.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I bet the French plod don't mess about by paying more attention towards seeking out and arresting those speaking out against islam, whilst ignoring those who support the killings. Our authorities appear to be exercising a strange 'realpolitik' at the moment - or at least that's the impression I get from watching the BBC. It's almost as if some head shed has summed up the options...Go after the extremists and risk racial disharmony or...carry out a very overt clampdown on anyone speaking out against the killings who use racial overtones, label them as right-wing extremists and hopefully Johnny Jihad will lay off for a bit if he thinks we are on his side.

Edit: BBC currently asking questions why the intel services never griped the London pair before they committed the act. Can you imagine the hysterics from the BBC if they were nicked last month having not actually done anything yet?

Once again - our leaders backing the wrong horse.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Its the French way.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ban religion: It causes more harm than good.

Magical men living in clouds who treat dead bodies to endless treats, if they kill and harm and hate before death.

Utter bullshit, believed in by the weak willed and emotionally insecure.
    • Like Like x 9
  10. My Vicar seems ok bloke. Does his own veg and never screams like the beards.
    Good job as the collies might take umbrage as we walk past!
  11. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how their reaction unfolds.

For all the stick we give the French on this forum, I'm hoping they show us* how it should be done in this case.

*When I say "us", of course I am referring to our useless politicians, who live in the comfort of their second homes, miles away from any town or city where racial tensions are getting understandably heated, thinking everything is 'peachy' because their advisor has just told them the opinion polls have shown a 2% increase due to the somewhat predictable "We will not be defeated" speech.**

**Based on assumption
    • Like Like x 1
  12. We had a very shouty Christian preacher in Norwich last year:

In his place now, we have this bloke:

Norwich Puppet Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure which is worse.