French soldier stabbed in Paris

Not good.

On another note, the H4H BBBR cyclists are arriving in Paris this weekend for the start of their adventure. Best of luck to you all!

The current description of the attacker (beard and a dishdasha) leave very little to the imagination as far as the motivations are concerned. Of course, the soldier was attacked from behind and the incident took place in the La Défense district which sees a large influx of immigrants during the week-ends.

The soldier, belonging to the 4 Chasseurs Regiment has been treated for superficial cuts.

Glad to hear it's nothing too serious. Although it is worrying especially considering the weeks events.

Was he in uniform fantasassin? What is the script with attacking a soldier in France? A serious crime or just an assault as if it were any other citizen?

Glad to hear it's nothing too serious. Although it is worrying especially considering the weeks events.

Was he in uniform fantasassin? What is the script with attacking a soldier in France? A serious crime or just an assault as if it were any other citizen?
He was on duty..

Glad the soldiers OK.

French soldier stabbed in neck - police source

French soldier stabbed in neck - police source
Source: Reuters - Sat, 25 May 2013 05:13 PM
Author: Reuters

PARIS, May 25 (Reuters) - A French soldier patrolling a business area of western Paris was stabbed in the neck on Saturday by a man who quickly fled the scene and was still being sought, a police source said.

The soldier, patrolling as part of France's Vigipirate anti-terrorist surveillance plan, was injured in the stabbing around 1800 p.m. but would survive, the source said.

French daily Le Parisien cited police sources as saying the suspected attacker was a bearded man of North African origin about 30 years old, and was wearing an Arab-style garment under his jacket. (Reporting by Nicolas Bertin; Writing by Nick Vinocur; Editing by Andrew Roche)

It may be a bit premature of me to say, but it appears that a member of the so called religion of peace has struck again.
You're confused, it must have been a visiting Amish farmer from Pennsylvania. he merely was yelling where could he get an Olive Snackbar for lunch.

I bet the French plod don't mess about by paying more attention towards seeking out and arresting those speaking out against islam, whilst ignoring those who support the killings. Our authorities appear to be exercising a strange 'realpolitik' at the moment - or at least that's the impression I get from watching the BBC. It's almost as if some head shed has summed up the options...Go after the extremists and risk racial disharmony or...carry out a very overt clampdown on anyone speaking out against the killings who use racial overtones, label them as right-wing extremists and hopefully Johnny Jihad will lay off for a bit if he thinks we are on his side.

Edit: BBC currently asking questions why the intel services never griped the London pair before they committed the act. Can you imagine the hysterics from the BBC if they were nicked last month having not actually done anything yet?

Once again - our leaders backing the wrong horse.

Ban religion: It causes more harm than good.

Magical men living in clouds who treat dead bodies to endless treats, if they kill and harm and hate before death.

Utter bullshit, believed in by the weak willed and emotionally insecure.

Ban religion: It causes more harm than good.

Magical men living in clouds who treat dead bodies to endless treats, if they kill and harm and hate before death.

Utter bullshit, believed in by the weak willed and emotionally insecure.
My Vicar seems ok bloke. Does his own veg and never screams like the beards.
Good job as the collies might take umbrage as we walk past!

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I bet the French plod don't mess about by paying more attention towards seeking out and arresting those speaking out against islam, whilst ignoring those who support the killings.
Agreed. It will be interesting to see how their reaction unfolds.

For all the stick we give the French on this forum, I'm hoping they show us* how it should be done in this case.

*When I say "us", of course I am referring to our useless politicians, who live in the comfort of their second homes, miles away from any town or city where racial tensions are getting understandably heated, thinking everything is 'peachy' because their advisor has just told them the opinion polls have shown a 2% increase due to the somewhat predictable "We will not be defeated" speech.**

**Based on assumption

You're right, Christians don't carry out extremist acts. Especially not in the USA.

RTV6 - Police: Man damaged Bloomington Planned Parenthood building, cited religious beliefs - Local Story

(Oh, and I have a whole list of these, each progressively more violent - up to and including bombings and murders)
Well it could be argued that attacking those who stick scissors into the skulls of babies is murder in itself is justifiable. plus I never said Christians don't commit murder also.

By the way would you like to add up the Christian terrorism versus Muslim Terrorism during that same time period? I think you'll find the Christians are pikers in comparison to Mohammed boys

Enthusiastic use of live grenades when conducting raids on suspects houses would be a good start. Hanging the one guilty and his conspirators/accomplaces from lamposts in the centre of paris as a big 'dont **** with us' sign

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!
Don't hold your breath, you'll be sorely disappointed.

The perpetrator is likely going to be called "an isolated lunatic" and "experts" after "experts" will occupy the media field to say that all moslems shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

The perpetrator is likely going to be called "an isolated lunatic" and "experts" after "experts" will occupy the media field to say that all moslems shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.
And they'd be right, or are you happy to be blamed for incidents like the Warrington bomb, which were commited by "Christians". Idiots, and maniacs, exist. Giving everyone who shares a nominal, rather than actual, similarity to them, a hard time for it is a good way to create more idiots and maniacs, making your own life less, not more secure.