French send condolences

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Proximo, Jul 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The Telegraph:

The opinions of the various world leaders mentioned in this report are alluded to widely elsewhere on site, but I didn't expect the French to be quite so...well...sympathetic.

2. I know. It's impressive how sympathetic the entire world is..including the French. They're not even angsting about the olympics.

3. Truer words have not been spoken.
    Well said Donald.

4. i have to say , im fairly impressed by the French, they demonstrated some maturity for once and put things into perspective.

5. If you remember, the French suffered a series of similar attacks back in the 1990s from Algerian fundamentalists. There was even an attempt to crash a hijacked Air France A300 into Paris city centre, which only got foiled, because the plane, which was low on fuel, needed to do a tank stop in southern France and was there stormed by the French equivalent of the SAS. Ever since then the French have been quietly but successfully at the forefront in fighting Islamist terrorists, mainly through intelligence. AFAIK, they even warned the American authorities about the impending World Trade Center attacks, but were not believed by them.

Jan