French Prime Minister Resigns

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Apparently Michel Barnier had hoped to get that job! Shame :)

lecky

War Hero
If Macron stands again, he won't win.
So they won't get him out of office with a crowbar and he will sit tight for 21 months.
Meanwhile he will need something to change...maybe something that he thinks would make him popular with France's standing in the EU?

Le Pen is definitely not the answer; if she gets into the Elysee Palace, watch the EU dissolve. The Germans will simply not work with her.
Our government would, grumbling and ranting but they would. They are hellbound to get their ever closer union. As far as I understand there is no danger of Le Pen getting Macrons or any other job.
They widely voted for the Greenish ones in the elections some days ago. So it is lights out in a few years in France and Germany.

Our government would, grumbling and ranting but they would. They are hellbound to get their ever closer union. As far as I understand there is no danger of Le Pen getting Macrons or any other job.
They widely voted for the Greenish ones in the elections some days ago. So it is lights out in a few years in France and Germany.
Given that quite of few of Le Pen's supported are somewhat more extreme than AfD, how on earth could any German government justify working with a French one headed by Marine Le Pen?

Given that quite of few of Le Pen's supported are somewhat more extreme than AfD, how on earth could any German government justify working with a French one headed by Marine Le Pen?
Your just hoping she gets in next time aren't you, go on admit it. Obviously looking for someone to suggest how it could work so you can share the idea.

If not, then I am...:1::relax:

Macron names Jean Castex as new French prime minister

French President Emmanuel Macron named Jean Castex – who coordinated France’s reopening strategy after almost two months of Covid-19 lockdown – the country’s new prime minister on Friday as part of an expected cabinet reshuffle.

The relatively low-profile Castex replaces Édouard Philippe, who resigned earlier in the day as is expected before a government reshuffle. Macron is reshaping his government to focus on restarting the economy after months of lockdown and a poor showing for his party in local elections last week.
Castex, 55, is a career public servant who has worked with multiple governments. The gradual reopening plan he has spearheaded for Macron has been generally viewed as a success so far.

Macron names Jean Castex as new French prime minister

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
France/Paris practically closes down after le Qatorze Juillet anyway.....be interesting to see how the Great Beach Getaway goes this year.... @fairmaidofperth may have a perspective?

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
France/Paris practically closes down after le Quatorze Juillet anyway.....be interesting to see how the Great Beach Getaway goes this year.... @fairmaidofperth may have a perspective?
Chatted to one or two people in my part of France and their attitude was "Screw that". Basically they do not want to attempt to have a nice French summer holiday only to have it trashed by hotels etc being closed.

Preamble to Frogzit?

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Perhaps he had made one joke too many about Macron boffing his mother

1593794675434.png

Last edited:
Because they have to.
There is this nice Euro-Thingy and the economies of both countries are closely interwoven.
As I said grumbling and ranting because there ist to much at stake. The same way as they have to work with Orban or the PiS, whether they like it or not. Then there are our "joint" Corona rescue billions and no easy way out.
A "Non, M. Crapaud, vous avez un derrière hospitable, mais cette fois, nous devons décliner votre offre." is out of question.

Bodenplatte

War Hero
A "Non, M. Crapaud, vous avez un derrière hospitable, mais cette fois, nous devons décliner votre offre." is out of question.
I read it, but don't get the context. Does it lose something in translation ?

"No, Mr Toad, you have a desirable arse, but on this occasion I must decline your offer."

I read it, but don't get the context. Does it lose something in translation ?

"No, Mr Toad, you have a desirable arse, but on this occasion I must decline your offer."
I have to apologise. As you've already noticed my french isn't the best. In fact I've got kicked out of French class back in school bacause I was as daft as the chalk for the blackboard. It was meant as a rather silly wordplay on them being buggers on account of being forriners from the wrong site of the Rhine.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have to apologise. As you've already noticed my french isn't the best. In fact I've got kicked out of French class back in school bacause I was as daft as the chalk for the blackboard. It was meant as a rather silly wordplay on them being buggers on account of being forriners from OUR of the Rhine.
FNC

The EU was great for France up until German reunification; I think that it is slowly dawning on the French that they have made a serious mistake.
Agreed. Up to that point the EEC as it was, was run by France, for the benifit of France, with a guilt ridden West Germany (who had f*ucked La Belle France royally from 1971 to 1945) paying for it.

Bodenplatte

War Hero
I have to apologise. As you've already noticed my french isn't the best. In fact I've got kicked out of French class back in school bacause I was as daft as the chalk for the blackboard. It was meant as a rather silly wordplay on them being buggers on account of being forriners from the wrong site of the Rhine.
SHOUT . . . . . IN . . . . ENGLISH . . . . AND . . . TALK . . . . SLOWLY ! ! !