French Nuclear Power Plant Evacuated In Bomb Alert

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by YesItsMe, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

EDF said the anonymous phone call was made at 0355 GMT and that, while searches continued, the core ares of the plant had been secured.

A nuclear power station at Chinon in central France was evacuated on Thursday after a phone call warning of a bomb, power supplier EDF said.

EDF said the anonymous phone call was made at 0355 GMT and that, while searches continued, the core ares of the plant had been secured.

The nuclear plant was still functioning, EDF added.

"We will know at the start of the afternoon (around 1200 GMT) whether there is a bomb or not," an EDF spokeswoman said by telephone.

The Chinon plant, which has four 900-megawatt nuclear reactors, supplies electricity to around 6 percent of the French population.

Article to be found here

Well, it's France, otherwise I'd say no one would have a chance to get close enough to place a bomb.

(Sorry if this has been done already, according to the search there is nothing so far.)

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hmmm, which way is the wind blowing?

3. all very good, but did you see the vid of Britney spears dropping a tampon on stage further down the page???

that did get my attention

4. And yes exnortherner, I was drawn to the tampon story too!