French lab confirms sarin use in Syria.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biscuits_Brown, Jun 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. But not by whom, that's the $1000 dollar question.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. You can shell civvies, butcher them, execute prisoners, torture, rape, pillage and basically do whatever you like... so long as you don't use chemical weapons.

Never quite understood that viewpoint, personally.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Russia does have some very 'nice' friends and allies.
  4. I've come over all faint, has Assad "gassed his own people"? He was meant to be a nice man who was just killing them by the tens thousand with tube artillery.
  5. I give it three hours before that creature that fell out of the abortion bucket "Domovoy" appears and starts to bash his keyboard until something that looks like words appears.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Ffrench use dogs to test for nerve agent now?
  7. I'm interested only in so far as it may cause changes in British foreign policy, the Syrians can exchange the stuff by the ton as far as I'm concerned.
  8. Russia can crack on then, and sort this one out.
  9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Sarin was used in Japan. So thats it then - nuke Japan properly this time. Please.
  10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Allow me to post for her - the sarin was actually used by MI6 in order to justify British government sales of weapons to the rebels in return for oil reserves known to be under Aleppo. There is no proof that Russian weapons have been used in Syria against the rebels and the multiple photos and reports are part of a clever plot to discredit Putin.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The Israelis seem likeminded and are starting to express preferences for the rather passive part Assad has played in the "Resistance Block" over something more bearded and boisterous So Foggy Bottom probably won't give a toss and therefore neither the FO.
  12. Russia probably sold them the agent.....
  13. Isn't this the Basingstoke Joker? How exactly are Israel going to respond?

If it was the Government who used it and Assad thinks he is on his last legs and about to be deposed (what the point in him running after what happened to Gadaffi) he may be tempted to stick some on top of a missile and lob it at Tel Aviv.
  14. He might be tempted to dance a tango with a unicycle riding orang-utan as well.
    But he wont.