French killed "War not safe, we wanna go home" says Sarkozy

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by gladwda, Jan 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. France threatens Afghan pullout after troops killed - Yahoo!

Ridiculous.

Clarification: THERES A WAR ON MATE!

2. There's obviously cheese that needs eating... Get a grip Sarkozy. You're doing a great job of undermining the great work and morale of your troops.

• Like Like x 3
  3. He has a point though the little Gallic freak, he's hacked off with the ANA deciding to pop rounds off at ISAF all the time. That, along with hiding and pretending to be a farmer is not in the rulebook.

4. Neither is state funded plane jacking, but isn't that why we showed up in the first place? Nor IEDS.

5. I think Sarko's reaction to the murder of his troops is a predictable one but, it's not going to do much for that macho Gallic pride if they cut and run now because of this? Surely now is the time to suck it up and tell anybody who want's to listen that they're in it until the job gets done?.........Whatever they end up doing!

Rest in Peace to those who lost their lives. My condolences to their families.

• Like Like x 3
  6. He may be a little freak, but he is not a Gallic one. He is some sort of Jewish/Hungarian/God knows whatever else freak. I`m glad to be of help.

7. So it will be an interview sans café et petits gâteaux for Karzai at the Elysée next week ...

8. I would not blame the man who voluntarily serves his country in uniform for a statement or decision made by a muppet for political ends. I also have no fondness for the french but feel any Soldier deserves a fair hearing, this does not seem overly fair to me.

9. Attached Files:

10. Stereotypical comments such as the above are in poor taste. These blokes died serving their country. This is not the Naafi.

• Like Like x 15
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Something I'm getting RSI from typing recently.

12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Come on chaps, there's an election due don't you know. As there will be during the great pull out of the other 2 major stake holders.

The aye's have it.

13. OK serious response; if the people we are training, equipping and working with keep killing us what is the correct lesson?

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Unfortunately it sounds like they are being trained to well so nothing wrong with the lesson.

15. My comments were not aimed at those French soldiers who died, rather at the reaction of the French President i.e. "If the security conditions are not clearly established then the question of an early return of French forces from Afghanistan will arise," said Sarkozy. The blind realisation that soldiers get killed in war is staggering? When the going gets tough, we get out seems more appropriate. RIP to those soldiers who were killed.