French Intelligence Fears Attack on Airliner - Army conducts plans to clear and hold suburbs

French intelligence have been sited as saying they have real concerns over an attack on an airliner during take off or landing due to the growing home grown Islamic threat. The concerns are based around the smuggling of anti-tank weapons into France and the loss of control of ATGW supplied to Libyan forces.

The army has also completed planning for the retaking of suburbs that could become police no go areas, it has echoes of N.I a few decades ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Hollande-warns-of-more-Islamist-violence.html

Considering that the French have both the Police National and Gendarmerie National who are a lot more paramilitary than the RUC ever was, it would make one believe that these suburbs are numerous and spread across the country.

It would be interesting to see what the reaction at home would be if it was made public that the army would clear and hold certain estates in order to allow the police to resume normal patrolling.

Last edited:
B

bokkatankie

French intelligence have been sited as saying they have real concerns over an attack on an airliner during take off or landing due to the growing no w grown Islamic threat. The concerns are based around the smuggling of anti-tank weapons into France and the loss of control of ATGW supplied to Libyan forces.

The army has also completed planning for the retaking of suburbs that could become police no go areas, it has echoes of N.I a few decades ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Hollande-warns-of-more-Islamist-violence.html

Considering that the French have both the Police National and Gendarmerie National who are a lot more paramilitary than the RUC ever was, it would make one believe that these suburbs are numerous and spread across the country.

It would be interesting to see what the reaction at home would be if it was made public that the army would clear and hold certain estates in order to allow the police to resume normal patrolling.
Been done before, NI.

France, having had a revolution, has a government that is slightly fearful of it's people.
Spain also has echoes of this. That is why they have local and national police. Even in pretty small communes they have a Gendarmerie Nationale outpost at least partly staffed by young coppers from out of the area who have no local allegiances.

I think it would have to be a very serious situation indeed before you'd see the army doing anything like that in the UK.

The French seem to have a much more 'hands on' approach, and don't seem to worry about upsetting the PC crowd as much.

Multiculturalism is lovely!

Multiculturalism is lovely!
I wasn't aware that the French went in for multiculturalism? I thought that they tended to simply warehouse their brown people in out of the way suburban ghettos and then forget about them?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
It would have been nice if the OP had posted in a recognisable form of English.

Roll on Operation Motorhomme.

France, having had a revolution, has a government that is slightly fearful of it's people.
Spain also has echoes of this. That is why they have local and national police. Even in pretty small communes they have a Gendarmerie Nationale outpost at least partly staffed by young coppers from out of the area who have no local allegiances.
And Italy, of course, with the lethally - smart Caribinieri

I wasn't aware that the French went in for multiculturalism? I thought that they tended to simply warehouse their brown people in out of the way suburban ghettos and then forget about them?
No rather like the UK certain communities tend to Ghettoise themselves, partly by accident (wanting to live amongst Friends family and familiar culture) and partly by gangs of youths driving away those of a different colour and those in their own community who attempt to integrate and do well in French society.

Theres only so often you will see the funny side of the Saturday night car bonfire in the Algerian quarter - especially if its your car.

That's not to say there aren't issues with France and Racism.

Edit No France doesn't do multiculturalism or at least not as practised in the UK. France expects immigrants to integrate with French society and whilst they have no objections to immigrants retaining there own cultural identity its second to France.
In contrast to the UK where Diversity is welcomed and all cultures to be celebrated except native ones -especially English - as our previous government decided somewhat bizarrely that immigrants to this country shouldn't be exposed to its culture, which should therefore be expunged through multicultralism. (A point Labour has more or less admitted now).

Ironically most immigrants didn't support this either, nor were they offended, ignoring 1 or 2 bigoted loons on all sides who seek to permanently offend / be offended.

Last edited:
With our sieve like borders i'm only a bit surprised some extremist type hasn't parked his car at the end of a airport runway & blatted off at a tourist packed airliner as it flys over his head at 50ft. At somewhere like Manchester Ringway it would be pretty easy, & we know AK's on UK streets do exist in limited quantities.

There is no defence against this sort of thing & the sooner thats accepted as the norm,. the better. We can get on with trying to combat it without having the handwringing & blame game post incident bollocks that we seem to love.

There is no defence against this sort of thing & the sooner thats accepted as the norm,. the better. We can get on with trying to combat it without having the handwringing & blame game post incident bollocks that we seem to love.
Don't tell El Al that, they've spent a fortune equipping there aircraft with DIRCM etc.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
With our sieve like borders i'm only a bit surprised some extremist type hasn't parked his car at the end of a airport runway & blatted off at a tourist packed airliner as it flys over his head at 50ft. At somewhere like Manchester Ringway it would be pretty easy, & we know AK's on UK streets do exist in limited quantities.

Borders? Are you worried about people sneaking in from Scotland and Wales. It's an Island.