French hit back after 8 troops killed.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by WhiteHorse, Nov 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The french surrendered unconditionally at 14:18 hrs.... :D

2. 307

307 War Hero

Wow, the French actually fought back against someone...hold on whilst I pull my jaw off the floor. didn't know the airforce had any planes besides the odd biplane to tow a giant white flag.

3. Good for them

I don't suppose they'd get the Jaguars refuelled then do the same to the Sudanese Government aircraft could they? :twisted:

4. To be fair to the French, their armed forces are almost sacred, unlike here the French politicians hold their forces in high regard.

5. The situation continues to be chaotic. Neither side wants the UN peacekeeping force. Its possible that both sides in the civil war will declare open season on the French/UN peacekeeping force.

6. Sounds like you would not be sorry if that happens.

7. Hackle wrote Sounds like you would not be sorry if that happens.

That is a real stretch hackle. Its a possibility that needed to be stated. The French certainly have enough power to prevail should the peacekeeping forces come under full scale attack.

8. I think the LEP and the other French Forces there will welcome that.

Unlike our politicians ,French Politicians aren't backward in going forward when former colonial responsibilities need sorting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photocopyright www.militaryphotos.net

I believe when push comes to shove , the French will give a good account of themselves.

9. For many years, our neighbours across the English Channel have employed Foreign Legion troops for their adventures abroad. That way, French interests can be served without spilling French blood. As usual, they get someone else to do the dirty work while they pick up the credit. Enough said.

10. A large portion of the FFL is made up of Geordies and Northern Irish - approached one while doing some charity work in Africa last year with the question "pardonnez moi, quel temps as tu?" to which i received to wonderous reply in a Gerry Adamsesque accent "Ey din't onderstan' a fecking ward of that - yur french is shayte" surprised the living daylights out of me!

11. The government of the Ivory Coast is going to the SC to complain about the "invasion" of their country by France.

12. Christ PTP, a sensible comment on the French armed forces?

...you don't see many of those.

13. As I said to my (French) girlfriend last night - "Hey! Looks like you're trying a little regime change of your own!"

14. You would be wise not to try that line with the families and comrades of the recent French marine casualties.
    http://fr.news.yahoo.com/041107/5/44rbl.html