French Ghettos Errupt in 7th day of Protests

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Nov 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174371,00.html

These poor people seem to be victim's in France's egalitarian society. Jobless, poor, living in inadequate housing these imigrants are second class citizen's. It will be interesting to see what the French government will do to help these folks get jobs and provide for better housing so as to improve their lot in life. Otherwise one of the world's most civilized countries may slide into chaos.

2. Feck me, t6 is talking about helping Islamist nutters!

3. A pair of fcukwits electrocuting themselves through their own stupidity is a valid excuse to go on a rampage in a country that has given them sanctuary? Multiculturalism at its' most uplifting :?

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

There was a very interesting french film called 'la haine' which outlines the life of parisien 'suburbs' (certainly not the suburbs of John Betjamin!!!)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

5. In this case its not about religion, I think this is more about the lack of jobs and poor living conditions.

6. Good spot Nehustan

I remember this film, harrowing in places and the soundtrack was superb.

7. Agreed I thought it was a pretty dark movie but gave you the flavor of life.

8. Just listening to German Radio(as a sad and boring person does) when I heard the words"Unruhe in Frankreich".
    Anyone know whats going on?

9. These poor people seem to be victim's in (France's egalitarian - Delete) (Insert - American) society. Jobless, poor, living in inadequate housing these imigrants are second class citizen's. It will be interesting to see what the (French - delete) (insert -US) government will do to help these folks get jobs and provide for better housing so as to improve their lot in life. Otherwise one of the world's most civilized countries may slide into chaos.

Washington Post - Katrina Coverage

T6, a bit sensational perhaps and surely Free Market Economics is the way ahead (oh and of course free movement of people)

10. I am sorry T6, my G-granduncle marched from Chester-le-Street to London in the Thirties (joined the Yarrow March) after being unemployed since the Great War (1915-19 DLI Service Bn) and didn't seem to need to loot and burn every building on the way.

Deploy the CRS...

11. It's always about religion with these people, the jobs thing is the smokescreen used to get preferential treatment. What about the van Gogh thing in Holland, The Race riots in birmingham and the riot in Denmark this week? I'm just suprised that the french muslims haven't blamed the BNP for stirring it up.

12. Let them watch rugby !.

13. Allow me to put that concept right out of your head.

LOL! Try "Drug gang turf war" between smack and coke dealing Pakistanis , and Ganja and Crack dealing Yardies. Then throw into that mix , young black people heartily sick of the drug gangs deciding to go out and clean house themselves, especially in the vicinity of certain hair product shops and take aways.

Ambush naive BBC reporters (Did they bother asking the Mailbox team anything?) to interview some gobby little Pakistani 'yoofs' and 'Islamic Religous leaders' talking about race , and spend all of nanoseconds on a Black Bishop trying to tell the world it's not about race, it's about Drugs, and the gangs turning the neighbourhood into a shithole.

Allow certain (self-appointed) Islamic Religous leaders to deflect your questions about where all the Neighbourhood improvement money went , and why over 90% of funds supposedly to benefit the entire neighbourhood went into the hands of a few. Still nice to see so many Mercs and tricked out new BMW's in the area. Must be on the up and up.

Attack anyone that brings that up , issue death threats to a Black community leader who dares to ask where the money is. Push your head right into the sand about who is REALLY controlling the supply of Heroin in the area , and who in fact is supplying both sets of drug gangs.

Don't unfetter certain agencies and individuals working their ******* arrses off to prove drugs and terrorism funding are linked. Best of all, keep it really quiet when a result comes in, in case you upset gobby Pakistani 'yoof' and self-appointed Islamic 'leaders'. Agonise over whether to move decisively and one time against the heroin dealers, because then it'll be back to stage 1.

Further push your head into the sand about where all the Heroin it is coming from, because then it makes certain operations in Kiplingland look like a bloody farce, and ignoring what should be addressed. Meanwhile , despatch 5000 British troops in that direction , to go and chase some beastly Saudi who's probably driving a cab in Manhattan.

Barrel change.

It's not about race. It's about 'business and turf'

14. well said ptp.