French fury at bottom wipe on Tricolour.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by box-of-frogs, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The French have reacted with fairly predictable gallic outrage at this. Before we all dive into the cheese eating surrender monkey jokes, what would your reaction be if this was the same story but with the Union Flag?
  2. I thought the french flag was white???
  3. To be honest I wouldn't get too upset.

The union flag is normally draped around sh1t anyway especially when there is a sporting event taking place and the fans are "dressing up".
  4. Simple

Although the Union Flag is silky soft to those who deserve it (heroes, olympic gold winners etc), apparently it turns very rough in contact with bottom skin, and would remove several layers of the bottydermis, leaving the wiper unable to sit properly for a year.

That is what proper flags are like.

Also, we can wash ours because our colours don't run....

The French flag doesn't have this facility, so expect all French flags to be adorned with brown smears from now on.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It is, but it was dropped between the two tins of paint you used for your avatar :)
  6. A french man wipes his arse with a french flag?
    Big deal.

As for the UJ, who cares? I have no inclination to kill/maim/disfigure anyone who does that to our flag, it's only a piece of fabric after all.
  7. Remember the fuss when Soldier mag printed a picture from the Army photographer of the year competition of a pair of immaculately bulled ammo boots standing on a Union Flag?
  8. Non-story, move along, nothing to see here.
  9. Most of Europe has been shitting on the French for centuries, why have they suddenly taken umbrage now?
  10. But it's not, therefore it's hilarious. V'ive la poo stain!
  11. Plenty of outraged letters. No reply from a Brigadier saying, "move along now, nothing to see here," though...
  12. Sounds similar to an orificer who tried to grip a lad in my troop on telic 2 for wearing union flag running shorts.

He was like 'oh right cheers for that sir, yes I'll take them off immediately' :roll:

Everone was trying to get a set after that.

Might have a look on ebay for a set actually.
  13. :)
  14. why did it have bananas on it?