French Foreign Legion Clerk / Radio Op LEGEND

My first posting late 80's was Blandford. I was on Fire Picket and we paraded behind the guard. Yer man N****t was marching up and doing doing Legion Drill singing to himself in French.

On his det comd's course he was apparently cleaning his Kepi Blanc. (wasn't on the kit list)

I heard a story from someone that he got himself on the 264 probation (or it could have been selection or P Coy) course and was heard to say on the hills "slow down the speed of the slowest man"

He is also reported to have used his ID card to get access to Stirling Lines so his pregnant wife could use the toiled in the MOD Lodge. When she went back to the car he was gone. They found him having a look round RHQ.

Any more for any more ?

E-Layer said:
SUNRAY_MINOR said:
Yer man N****t was marching up and doing doing Legion Drill singing to himself in French.
I have a confession to make.

When I first met the man I was wankered.

We chatted, the evening was warm, the alcohol was flowing, the mood was right..........one thing led to another and before I knew it.......I was bezzering.

I felt bad about it the following morning, when I then had a sober conversation with him............I realised how foolish I had been and I was riddled with guilt...........I felt used..........violated.........dirty...........which was made particularly worse when I realised the extent to which this fucking humour hoover could sap a man's will to live.

He sucked me dry.

.....and by the way - his name is Mick Nesbitt - no point asterixing it out, he's been mentioned countless times and is a fucking penis.
Ha Ha! Quality!

E-Layer,
I believe I know you, I'll PM you.

Back to Pepé Le Pew, I was doing march an shoot a 7 Sigs in Krefeld bout 97. We were an outside unit using their indoor electronic range.

I was briefing my team up pep talk/ tactics etc and he comes and stands next to me like he's my right hand man is a wierd zombie type way.

Looks at him and ask him what he's doing and he's smiling at me like some demented fool pretending he's my mucker. I asked him to go away then the penny dropped as to who this rotund headed buffoon was.

I shouts to one of his unit and asks is that Nesbitt? wide eyes with crinkled foreheads and plenty of nodding and smiling.

It's been years since i've even thought about this numptie of a man.

He is the missing link.

Alsacien

MIA
SUNRAY_MINOR said:
E-Layer,
I believe I know you, I'll PM you.

Back to Pepé Le Pew, I was doing march an shoot a 7 Sigs in Krefeld bout 97. We were an outside unit using their indoor electronic range.

I was briefing my team up pep talk/ tactics etc and he comes and stands next to me like he's my right hand man is a wierd zombie type way.

Looks at him and ask him what he's doing and he's smiling at me like some demented fool pretending he's my mucker. I asked him to go away then the penny dropped as to who this rotund headed buffoon was.

I shouts to one of his unit and asks is that Nesbitt? wide eyes with crinkled foreheads and plenty of nodding and smiling.

It's been years since i've even thought about this numptie of a man.

He is the missing link.
He must have been getting on a bit by then, glad to hear the handsome b@stard kept his good looks :D

E-Layer said:
SUNRAY_MINOR said:
Yer man N****t was marching up and doing doing Legion Drill singing to himself in French.
I have a confession to make.

When I first met the man I was wankered.

We chatted, the evening was warm, the alcohol was flowing, the mood was right..........one thing led to another and before I knew it.......I was bezzering.

I felt bad about it the following morning, when I then had a sober conversation with him............I realised how foolish I had been and I was riddled with guilt...........I felt used..........violated.........dirty...........which was made particularly worse when I realised the extent to which this fucking humour hoover could sap a man's will to live.

He sucked me dry.
You don't want to be saying things like that!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol:

The thing seems to have gone very quiet on here since Sunday. Didn't even get back to me with details of the wonderful job opportunity as he promised!!

Alsacien

MIA
jack-daniels said:
Heard a good one yesterday....''he must be the only man loathed in two armies!''
I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor fecker now, he was a knob, but essentially harmless.

If the best things you did in your life were fail pre-para and visit Stirling lines for day................ :(

I've met some right scary feckers from 2 REP (Nesbit only being scary when responsible for anything more than a pencil sharpener), presumably his clerking abilities exceeded his infanteer abilities there also - otherwise why become a scaley rather than go UK para regt :?

To add:
I have a bizarre image in my head of a Kepi wearing Nesbit in the doorway of a DC3 with a typewriter under his arm....and someone shouting "Non! Non! Vous avez oublié votre parachute!" :)

Alsacien said:
jack-daniels said:
Heard a good one yesterday....''he must be the only man loathed in two armies!''
I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor fecker now, he was a knob, but essentially harmless.

If the best things you did in your life were fail pre-para and visit Stirling lines for day................ :(

I've met some right scary feckers from 2 REP (Nesbit only being scary when responsible for anything more than a pencil sharpener), presumably his clerking abilities exceeded his infanteer abilities there also - otherwise why become a scaley rather than go UK para regt :?

Because he was a fat, unfit little fcuker who seemed to upset people quite easily!

To add:
I have a bizarre image in my head of a Kepi wearing Nesbit in the doorway of a DC3 with a typewriter under his arm....and someone shouting "Non! Non!" :)

Alsacien

MIA
jack-daniels said:
Alsacien said:
jack-daniels said:

Because he was a fat, unfit little fcuker who seemed to upset people quite easily!

To add:
I have a bizarre image in my head of a Kepi wearing Nesbit in the doorway of a DC3 with a typewriter under his arm....and someone shouting "Non! Non!" :)
Well there is that I suppose.... :D
Who sponsored him to try for 216 though?
IIRC he only came to Stirling as he was new in a unit and they did not know him very well.

Alsacien said:
jack-daniels said:
Alsacien said:
jack-daniels said:

To add:
Well there is that I suppose.... :D
Who sponsored him to try for 216 though?
IIRC he only came to Stirling as he was new in a unit and they did not know him very well.
Not sure to be honest, there's three ex REP blokes who served with 216 and they're just as baffled to be honest!

To be fair getting into the REP is an achievement in itself but he let himself down with his attitude afterwards and not just in 216. As the posts on here point at, the attitude went with him everywhere!

Sulking now!

He called me a nonce and told me he would stop me ever getting a job in the middle-east!

Also doubted that my service experience was accurate! Hey-Ho. Pots, black and all that.

responder1 said:
Sulking now!

He called me a nonce and told me he would stop me ever getting a job in the middle-east!

Also doubted that my service experience was accurate! Hey-Ho. Pots, black and all that.
I bet you are gutted :wink:

responder1 said:
Sulking now!

You sure he didn't say 'Le Nonce'?!! Wouldn't worry about the Middle East mate, folk out there are aware of his Ripping Yarns.