French Foreign Legion Clerk / Radio Op LEGEND

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by SUNRAY_MINOR, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My first posting late 80's was Blandford. I was on Fire Picket and we paraded behind the guard. Yer man N****t was marching up and doing doing Legion Drill singing to himself in French.

On his det comd's course he was apparently cleaning his Kepi Blanc. (wasn't on the kit list)

I heard a story from someone that he got himself on the 264 probation (or it could have been selection or P Coy) course and was heard to say on the hills "slow down the speed of the slowest man"

He is also reported to have used his ID card to get access to Stirling Lines so his pregnant wife could use the toiled in the MOD Lodge. When she went back to the car he was gone. They found him having a look round RHQ.

Any more for any more ?

2. Ha Ha! Quality!

3. E-Layer,
    I believe I know you, I'll PM you.

Back to Pepé Le Pew, I was doing march an shoot a 7 Sigs in Krefeld bout 97. We were an outside unit using their indoor electronic range.

I was briefing my team up pep talk/ tactics etc and he comes and stands next to me like he's my right hand man is a wierd zombie type way.

Looks at him and ask him what he's doing and he's smiling at me like some demented fool pretending he's my mucker. I asked him to go away then the penny dropped as to who this rotund headed buffoon was.

I shouts to one of his unit and asks is that Nesbitt? wide eyes with crinkled foreheads and plenty of nodding and smiling.

It's been years since i've even thought about this numptie of a man.

He is the missing link.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

He must have been getting on a bit by then, glad to hear the handsome b@stard kept his good looks :D

5. You don't want to be saying things like that!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol:

6. The thing seems to have gone very quiet on here since Sunday. Didn't even get back to me with details of the wonderful job opportunity as he promised!!

7. Heard a good one yesterday....''he must be the only man loathed in two armies!''

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor fecker now, he was a knob, but essentially harmless.

If the best things you did in your life were fail pre-para and visit Stirling lines for day................ :(

I've met some right scary feckers from 2 REP (Nesbit only being scary when responsible for anything more than a pencil sharpener), presumably his clerking abilities exceeded his infanteer abilities there also - otherwise why become a scaley rather than go UK para regt :?

To add:
    I have a bizarre image in my head of a Kepi wearing Nesbit in the doorway of a DC3 with a typewriter under his arm....and someone shouting "Non! Non! Vous avez oublié votre parachute!" :)

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well there is that I suppose.... :D
    Who sponsored him to try for 216 though?
    IIRC he only came to Stirling as he was new in a unit and they did not know him very well.