French fleet to blockade Jersey, PM sends in Gunboats

tpr0327

Clanker
Johnson has followed to the letter, directions set out in Yes, Minister, whereby to negate negative PR, solutions include starting a war to distract the press.

French fishermen, pissed off at having to do paperwork, are due to protest at Jersey with threats from the French fishy minister to cut off the leccy to the island.

Johnson sends in two gunboats.

Who needs Line of Duty with epic TV drama like this?

Hands up who thinks the French are looking to show their white flag, I mean, whitefish quotas?

Johnson has followed to the letter, directions set out in Yes, Minister, whereby to negate negative PR, solutions include starting a war to distract the press.

French fishermen, pissed off at having to do paperwork, are due to protest at Jersey with threats from the French fishy minister to cut off the leccy to the island.

Hands up who thinks the French are looking to show their white flag, I mean, whitefish quotas?

I think Macron may be using that tactic.

french government minister threatens to pull the plug over Jersey not giving fishing licences to 17 French boats who have failed for 4 and a half months to provide the correct paperwork.

100 French fishing boats threaten to blockade Jerseys main port.

HMG sends two offshore patrol vessels to keep an eye on things.

hardly starting a war is it?

I don't think protecting our territorial waters is going over the top at all.

I absolutely fail to see a problem with sending the RN in....as long as they're equipped with sodding iPhones.

Send this

1620254512414.jpeg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1620255875343.png

endure

GCM
I don't think protecting our territorial waters is going over the top at all.

I absolutely fail to see a problem with sending the RN in....as long as they're equipped with sodding iPhones.
Jersey's territorial waters belong to Jersey. They don't belong to the UK...

neil82

Old-Salt

this must be either a leftie labour lover (Boris grr) or a ******* brie lover, unless there is something missing in all this the steps taken so far by the british government are, so far , prudent, if the frogs want someone to direct their ire towards it should be the midget in charge of their own government.

Jersey's territorial waters belong to Jersey. They don't belong to the UK...
Yes. Thank you for the hair-splitting.

As a dependency, the RN is able to come to their assistance regardless.

It's all meaningless bollocks and showplay so far. We can send the Battlestar Galactica out there - with a herd of sharks with lasers too but...

It's all meaningless unless backed up with permissive ROE.

It is indeed meaningless bollocks....but they started it and a dignified silence hasn't helped the UK on subjects ranging from this twattery to the vindictive attacks on AZ efficacy by France and Germany.

It's all meaningless bollocks and showplay so far. We can send the Battlestar Galactica out there - with a herd of sharks with lasers too but...

It's all meaningless unless backed up with permissive ROE.
Thinking about it, it doesn't stop the Spanish from their frequent forays into Gib waters acting like Billy Big Bollocks.

Thinking about it, it doesn't stop the Spanish from their frequent forays into Gib waters acting like Billy Big Bollocks.
Exactly- which culminates in a few strongly worded messages on CH16

Latest Threads