French Editor sacked over cartoon

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by india-juliet, Feb 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The editor of a French newspaper that printed cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad has been sacked.

WHY??? , Does that mean all the actors in the Life of Brian should be charged with religious incitement!!.

The slightest dig at Islam and they put everyone on a Fatwah, grow up Middle East!.

Im supprised George Galloway has not fixed bayonets and charged the Newspapers London Office from all flanks with he's merry followers.

2. I dont suppose the moderators will allow the cartoons to be published on this wonderful organ of open speech and thought. We,ve had a go at pouffs, walts, trans-sexuals, officers, pikeys, assylum seekers, cretins, barrimore / galloway / jackson (michael not general) so bring on the religous bigots.

3. It's not about being a religous biggot, all religions are joked about in one form or another. Hang on I'll check to see if Pope Benidict has dispatched the elite Swiss Guard to punish Messers Palin & Cleese!!!

4. Wouldn't the world be a better place if the rag heads could only develip a sense of humour? Can you believe a man has lost his job over a joke?

5. Yeah but those are all real tangible things. Religion is just a belief system. 'I believe that drawing Mohammed is sacreligious.' 'Really? I don't beleive that.' 'Touche.' I couldn't care less if they started doing cartoons of Christ or Buddha, or Shiva or whatever you want. Everyone has the freedom to make their own minds up, and choose their own beliefs. But if you believe something, you have to be big enough to realise that not everybody will share your beliefs.

But what do I know? I like jokes about paedos.

6. Here Here!

7. Maybe we should drop a missile on Mecca but instead of exploding, a flag shoots out the end with BANG! written on it, just to see how they like our Western humour?

8. The reason is simple. Who here would publicly insult islam in a big and very public way?

I might if I was single, but I'm buggered if I would while I've got a wife and two young children in the house.

9. NICK GRIFFEN!!!!!!!!!

10. That's a good point, but the real problem is that people should just try not to take things so seriously. I don't just mean muslims, I mean people from all religions in general. Think about it, if you believe in Muhammed, and someone makes a remark or a degrading picture of him - does that make him any less divine to you? No it doesn't, you should shrug it off and merely pity the poor fools who don't follow your path.

11. Has he got kids or is he um....never married? :wink: