French "characters" and accents

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by happybonzo, Jan 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some one may find this small program useful. It's open source and free

[h=1]AllChars[/h] AllChars provides a quick, easy-to-remember way of creating accents like é Ü ç î æ and special characters like ƒ ² ‰ © £ ± ß ° 1/2 ¿ « » ™ „ in most Windows programs.
    AllChars works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP and Vista (partly) and there is an old 16-bit version for 3.x.

AllChars

• Like Like x 1
  2. crabtree.png

"I was pissing by the door, when I heard two shats. You are holding in your hand a smoking goon; you are clearly the guilty potty."
    this how to speak frog

3. 123

123 LE

Sacre bleu! Merci Monsieur Bonzo, supremevous usefulatique!

4. Alt 130 for é.

5. Or just press Alt Gr...

6. ... or set your keyboard to US international.

Various keys then act as accents, e.g. you hit ' then e for é, " then o for ö, etc.: Keyboard layout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other than that, the keys produce pretty well the same characters as before. Only downside: you have to do " then space to get " and ' then space to get '.

Quite cool if you only need the occasional accent for place names and stuff, bit of a chore if you want to type whole texts in Frog or Kraut.

7. If the ******* don't speak English they can **** off.

Foreign ******* too thick to speak English.

8. Just speak loudly and slowly. If they don't understand raise your voice more and slow it down.

9. 123

123 LE

'Ave you got a ioning bowld?

Ioning.... Bowld.

IONING

I...AWN....ING

IIIII......AAAAAWWWW.......NING. bowld

• Like Like x 1