French Capitulate Before War Even Declared

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by guzzijon, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nicholas Sarkozy was making a speech to representatives of the agricultural industry in Alsace, twenty miles short of the German border, when he said he couldn't accept unfair competition between France and Germany- and he wasn't just saying that becaue he was in Germany! The crowd were not particularly impressed, for some reason they have an aversion to the Hun. A priceless quote from The Telegraph; 'The crowd immediately started jeering and then booing Mr Sarkozy, who appeared shocked by what he had said and put his hands up in the air as if to surrender.'
    So he kind of surrendered twice in one speech, talk about living up to the national stereotype.
  2. It would have been a better story if he was eating cheese at the time too.
  3. Whilst a monkey was sitting on his shoulder?
  4. I think they call them "Minkees"
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Cut the guy a bit of slack ... the podium was probably too high for him to see his pre-prepared speech properly.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Actually most people were laughing, and he recovered well with some good jokes.
  7. The frogs name is spelt Nicolas and heres a video of it, even though he's speaking french you can tell he says something funny and the audience laughs.
  8. Sitting in a favourite restaurant some years back across from a little old lady and friend of my mum's. The woman was looking for somehing in her purse and had to remove bits and pieces to sort through the "stuff." One item she put on the table was a Swiss Army knife.

"Oh," says I, picking up the knife looking at it.

I opened the longest blade then tore a square from a napkin, inserting the blade twice through one edge and waving it in the air above me.

"Now it's a French Army knife."

Brought the house down.
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'm sure you are the top comedian in the care home, but stick to entertaining old biddies, those below retirement age find you as amusing as a dormant case of syphillis......
  10. Syphillis can be treated; I suspect you cannot.
  11. Must remember that one!