French are invading!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wg100, Apr 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was driving up the M3 on the way in this morning and encountered a large convoy of French army vehicles heading North up the motorway. They turned off at the A34 Junct.

Any ideas what they're up to?

Feel sorry for some of them, as it was pissing down with rain and there were a couple of trucks with blokes in the back... others were having a hard time of it in coaches... :lol:
  2. Probablly on the run from some country that have threatend france no doubt!
  3. Their options are to turn left onto the M4 and head for Somerset for Cheddar, or keep on A34 and cut across to M1 for Stilton. Unless they've head of a stock of Lymeswold at Bicester.

Having dined on fine chesse(s), will then be ready to lay down arms to country of their choice.
  4. Read the 'ALERT STATES IN FRANCE' thread in the Multicultural HQ forum for more on French Military matters.
  5. Aye, Passed them on the M27 and M3, As i was in uniform i was giving them pelters out the window Think they are on the way to Salisbury plain.
  6. If you want a laugh at the frogs, try typing "French military victories" into Google, and pressing the I'm feeling lucky button.
  7. "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --- General George S. Patton

Attached Files:

8. Why are French roads lined with trees?

So the German Army can march in the shade
  9. I wanted to do that

What's the difference between the french and a slice of bread??

You can make soldiers out of a slice of bread...

BTW, if you think the French suck as soldiers, try les Belgiques!
  10. They arent as bad as the dutch.

Heard a story once that was verified by about 5 people

Middle of and ex on a friday around 1700hrs dutch pack up, and drive off the area shouting, see you monday, and off they went!!

Monday morning around 1000hrs they come trundling back onto the area as though nothing was wrong!
  11. A bit like the TA reversed then..."Non-Weekend warriors"
  12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I can confirm this about both Belgians and cloggies. In the '70s and 80s both would leave their positions on a Friday, and return on Monday - even in the middle of a major NATO exercise. They were national servicemen, and had feck all interest anyway, so it made no difference...
  13. sounds like a good way to run an army to me
  14. Variation on a theme

For sale

FAMAS rifles

Former french army issue.

Good condition, not fired, dropped only once. :twisted:
  15. Come on Gentlemen, this thread already exists

The French

Perhaps this subject warrants a board all to its self :D