French Airforce are crazy

#1
#2
Dunc0936 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc4xtRB8GpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byxwnCZ1jnY


perhaps if the RAF, the French Airforce and the Germans joined together that would be one hell of a fighting force that could some serious ass??? just a shame about having to get politicans involved......

Anybody worked with either country, amy navy or airforce and know what they are like???

Duncan
If my history serves me right 617 squadron were flying that low, at night and without any electronic aids over 60 years ago. Oh, and the music was classier.
 
#3
oh I know, sure the RAF can and do do better, just be interesting to know what they would be like working together

Duncan
 
#4
crabby said:
If my history serves me right 617 squadron were flying that low, at night and without any electronic aids over 60 years ago. Oh, and the music was classier.
seulement dans les films mon crab ami et pas à 400Kts, la musique était meilleur cependant :p
 

Hicks

Old-Salt
#5
#6
You obviously not been to Wales or seen any of the RAF video from GW1 or have any knowledge of Buccaneers. This is from comments on red flag and a number of low flying aircraft.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-48541.html

being a participant in red flag on a number of occasions (1st/2nd/&4th)as a flm on the Bucc, i saw the reports when we got back ther had to be a special showing for 208's ground crew as the rest of the station had heard how spectacular the films were , one of the comments made by one of the pilots who had taken part was "by the way the trees you will see in this sequence are actually bushes" . to correct a few things commented on earlier, the paper put in the air brakes was actually chaff for anti radar (though it took out marauding fighters that got too close) the u/c legs weighed in at 2tonnes each without wheels and oil, the buccs under the vulcan took place at the first red flag the vulcan was reportedly at 50 feet,gave the opposing fighter pilot a bit of a shock as 3 a/c appeared where he was only expecting one,the yanks tried all sorts of tricks like delaying the fuel bowsers so we would miss our slots and attaching powerfull magnets to vulcan wing tips to upset the compass(alledged) you might be able to get video footage from the govenment under the freedom of info act as it was all classified as secret at the time but may be due for release soon.:eek:k:
 
#9
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Anyone know where I can get a copy of the Punjabi Knightrider rap mix CD from the second clip?
It is officially a top-tune. I have this tune in various forms... (cos I'm down with the kids, innit). :D however, the one in the clip sounds like a dance-remix.

I can email you an mp3 of the 'original' if you want... However, if you use torrents etc search for "Punjabi MC Mundian To Bach Ke" you should find it...

or from Amazon here

edited to add Amazon details
 
#11
The Franco-German alliance is actually very strong, (providing no one mentions the war) it has been for many years, certainly with weapon development, though at times the French become very nationalistic, especially if they don't get their own way on weapon design, off they go in one of their huffs and make their own toys, the Rafale fighter is a prime example.
 
#12
#14
still21 - brilliant clip - as many will probably know (think it's posted elsewhere here) that the Spitfire was piloted by the late Ray Hannah, founder of the Old Flying Machine Company, the commentator is Alan de Cadanet.
 
#15
Cheers tich, did not know it had 'done the rounds' IIRC so did the presenter's daughter.
 
#16
Armée de l'Air Mirage F1CTs pilots put their low flying skills to good use last March when they straffed a number of rebel 'technicals' in the Central African Republic; the 30 mm DEFA cannon seems to be going well after all those years....
 
#17
fantassin said:
Armée de l'Air Mirage F1CTs pilots put their low flying skills to good use last March when they straffed a number of rebel 'technicals' in the Central African Republic; the 30 mm DEFA cannon seems to be going well after all those years....
Must be the first time the Frogs have fired a weapon in anger since they shot down a Brit Spitfire in 1941.
 
#18
#19
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
fantassin said:
Armée de l'Air Mirage F1CTs pilots put their low flying skills to good use last March when they straffed a number of rebel 'technicals' in the Central African Republic; the 30 mm DEFA cannon seems to be going well after all those years....
Must be the first time the Frogs have fired a weapon in anger since they shot down a Brit Spitfire in 1941.
If you want to go this oh so very intersting way, why not talk about Mers El Kebir then ?

1,297 French sailors killed while moored by the Royal Navy in one morning, that beats shooting down the odd Spitfire, doesn't it ?
 
#20
fantassin said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
fantassin said:
Armée de l'Air Mirage F1CTs pilots put their low flying skills to good use last March when they straffed a number of rebel 'technicals' in the Central African Republic; the 30 mm DEFA cannon seems to be going well after all those years....
Must be the first time the Frogs have fired a weapon in anger since they shot down a Brit Spitfire in 1941.
If you want to go this oh so very intersting way, why not talk about Mers El Kebir then ?

1,297 French sailors killed while moored by the Royal Navy in one morning, that beats shooting down the odd Spitfire, doesn't it ?
They refused to carry on the fight, the ships would have fallen into Nazi hands. Remember collaboration? Vichy France.

So let's not even go that way huh? Unless of course you wish to loose, which I do believe is a tradition of the French.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top