• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

French actor Philippe Noiret dies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6178834.stm

French film star Philippe Noiret, one of the most popular and prolific actors of his generation, has died at the age of 76.
Noiret, who made more than 125 films in a career spanning over half a century, died after battling cancer.

He was famed for his flexibility - able to play roles as diverse as haughty aristocrats and the middle-class man.

Among his most famous films was Cinema Paradiso where he played a village projectionist
A real shame. Cinema Paradiso has to be one of the most beautiful, immersive and moving fillums I have ever seen, and it's ok for manly hetero Infantry Tigers to watch and suddenly find there is grit in their eyes.

Noiret's performance as Alfredo is magnificent , and to my mind was the backbone of the film.

Beautifully photographed, excellent musical score and with a story that just immerses you, it really is one of the best films I've ever seen. Very highly recommended , watch it with the chick.

What a shame. RIP Philippe.

PartTimePongo said:
A real shame. Cinema Paradiso has to be one of the most beautiful, immersive and moving fillums I have ever seen, and it's ok for manly hetero Infantry Tigers to watch and suddenly find there is grit in their eyes.
Aw, jeez, I got a little misty just remembering that. Bless him.