Freeview & Accepting the Inevitable

The best alternative to endless mind-****?

• Go down the pub

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Read more books

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Get a Firestick

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Sky or something similar

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Collect stamps

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
I suppose it was only a matter of time. It is, after all, free for a reason. I simply don't think I can survive another evening of Extreme Alaskan Homosexual Antique Restoration: Two camp old lushes navigate their monster ship through the treacherous Australian outback in the search for bargain cottages in the Cotswolds – avoiding alien abduction, subterranean Nazi bases and brain-dead redneck chopper-builders; before doing up their 1969 Mk II Cortina, auctioning it off for a meagre profit and discovering Jesus. It's the same unimaginative shit over and over again and enough is enough. So what to do? Answers on a postcard.

Cough up, get Netflix and Amazon subscriptions and watch something better. Or, masturbate yourself into a messy and horrific early death.

The latter has some appeal and would save on care costs.

I'd say get a firestick.

Then use it to set fire to the cunt who programmes Dave.

I suppose it was only a matter of time. It is, after all, free for a reason. I simply don't think I can survive another evening of Extreme Alaskan Homosexual Antique Restoration: Two camp old lushes navigate their monster ship through the treacherous Australian outback in the search for bargain cottages in the Cotswolds – avoiding alien abduction, subterranean Nazi bases and brain-dead redneck chopper-builders; before doing up their 1969 Mk II Cortina, auctioning it off for a meagre profit and discovering Jesus. It's the same unimaginative shit over and over again and enough is enough. So what to do? Answers on a postcard.
Is that the one presented the gor blimey you faaarkin kaant stumpy ex parachutist with the tastefully matched tie and braces?

Sounds like me........ every time the adverts come on, every sodding 5 minutes, I'll surf up and down, till I find something remotely like watching, then repeat.

There's been nights when I've watched half of that night's episode of The Curse of Oak Friggin' Island

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'd say get a firestick.

Then use it to set fire to the **** who programmes Dave.
Don't forget, Dave TV is owned by the BBC so they can get advertising! All blame therefore lies with the BBC! :)

Cough up, get Netflix and Amazon subscriptions and watch something better. Or, masturbate yourself into a messy and horrific early death.
Bin the TV. I'm lead to believe, that on the internet, there are certain websites where ladies remove their clothing and entertain gentlemen!

I made the mistake of getting "freesat" which is even more dire, and could someone explain to me how this generation of comedians are funny?

Android TV box, something like CyberFlix (free) or Titanium TV (free) and a VPN.

I've sacked off Kodi altogether, it's a pain in the arrse.

I made the mistake of getting "freesat" which is even more dire, and could someone explain to me how this generation of comedians are funny?
They aren't, sir, they're "on message" and "woke"

Android TV box, something like CyberFlix (free) or Titanium TV (free) and a VPN.

I've sacked off Kodi altogether, it's a pain in the arrse.
You can download anything on firestick. Including all the Sky and BT channels with the right app, but that would be naughty, so dont.

...I simply don't think I can survive another evening of Extreme Alaskan Homosexual Antique Restoration: Two camp old lushes navigate their monster ship through the treacherous Australian outback in the search for bargain cottages in the Cotswolds – avoiding alien abduction, subterranean Nazi bases and brain-dead redneck chopper-builders; before doing up their 1969 Mk II Cortina, auctioning it off for a meagre profit and discovering Jesus...
Series II was better though.,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had basic Netflix account for 18 months - mostly used by daughter and SWMBO for films.

Given the amount of sh!te on Freeview - and that we lost most of the signal on several channels during the high atmospheric pressure the other week, I bit the bullet and went for Amazon Prime [30 day free trial]

I have been favourably impressed by Amazon, am through Season 1 of Jack Ryan and most of the way through Season 1 of "Bosch". Haven't even started on The Grand Tour yet.

Keep the best freeview equipment you have and get a broadband package. I used to watch youtube all the time, whether it was for documentaries, old b&w films or collections of clips of gaffes/accidents.
There's also free access to new & unreleased films if you look about.

Last edited:
On the advice of a "mate" I binned Sky and went for a Roku set up.Suits my needs at the moment. Back in the day, shite films went straight to video for the rental market, now they end up on the free film channels.
I saw a few minutes of one of them.It was three blokes on a stage, a theatre audience all watching a film, and adding their witty comments to the film as it played on a big screen on the stage - Americans of course.

Latest Threads