Obviously, you know nothing of Freemasonry, If you did you would not be posting about them or seeking information on here.
1. Free Masonry is a secret society!
2. You need at least three Masons to recommend you!
3. You have to have a strong belief in a Superior Being (GOD).
4. You don't become a Mason overnight, it takes time and you go through a series of levels of which must be passed. (although I have never heard of an ex Mason)
5. All Masons are sworn to secrecy with penalties for offenders. So your friend discussing it with you violates the code. Masons do not freely admit to being a Freemason.
6. As for the 10%? Wrong you are getting catholic church service donations mixed up. The Masons do not stipulate a fee! Although most Masons are wealthy in their own right and donate accordingly.
From being a Freemason.
" A Freemason is committed to bettering himself, his community, and the world. He is on a journey of self-discovery believing in something greater than himself, a journey in which he will be supported by other good men ".
And you don't need to be a Mason to believe and do good, you can do it in many different ways and keep it between God and yourself. Unless of course, you seek recognition, which a Mason never does.
What on earth
1 - Nope. Wrong.
2- Nope. Wrong.
3- Nope. Wrong.
4- Nope, you do become a Freemason after your Initiation, the further degrees take you further in a journey of self development.
5- Nope. Wrong.
6- There isn't a 10% fee, but nor is there some strange wealth requirement.
Thankfully your final two parts, the quote and your last paragraph are at least not wildly wrong.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk