Freemasonry in the Army

Thank you for your input.

I shall be voting against you in your membership ballot.
I suggest we just have him killed and cover it up as a gay sex game gone wrong.
Like we have countless times before.

I suggest we just have him killed and cover it up as a gay sex game gone wrong.
Like we have countless times before.
shh, or you'll be the next goat

Keeping it relatively anonymous... I'm an EA in quite a low numbered lodge - I'm late thirties and the average age is in the 70s. I got a lot out of the first degree and they're nice people but I despair at the lodge's future. Hearing some of the chat when they didn't know I was behind them, I reckon most of the members want it to see them out if possible, then the warrant (over 200 yrs old) will go back.

I'd wanted to join for a while, and have come in via my neighbour who I have know for some years and who is late 50s. He's the next youngest after me and I'm a bit worried that I've gone into a dying lodge. 30 on the books and about 15 that turn up. I as an EA and my neighbour can't possibly turn that round, or I sincerely doubt it. Meanwhile elsewhere in the province there are loads of younger people (and non university lodges doing multiple triple initiations per year). Being so new to it all I can't begin to judge why they're struggling at mine, although I reckon it's just because they've given up and assume it will never get any better so there's no point trying. Since joining I've learned (because before you join how do you know what questions you need to ask?) that I'm the first initiate for a decade or so.

Advice....?
I'm guessing from your username that you're just down the road from me, I live in Milnathort. My Mother is up in Lossiemouth but when I was posted to Leuchars, obviously a bit of a distance for meetings so I've mainly got my Freemasonry fix through the Widows Sons at the moment. I keep meaning to visit my local Lodges, especially Kinross which is about a 15 min walk from my house but I've been lazy. I have been told that they are struggling so I should make more of an effort...which I intend to do.

I'm guessing from your username that you're just down the road from me, I live in Milnathort. My Mother is up in Lossiemouth but when I was posted to Leuchars, obviously a bit of a distance for meetings so I've mainly got my Freemasonry fix through the Widows Sons at the moment. I keep meaning to visit my local Lodges, especially Kinross which is about a 15 min walk from my house but I've been lazy. I have been told that they are struggling so I should make more of an effort...which I intend to do.
Guess again - a Kinross Special is a (fictional*) naval cocktail as seen in In Which We Serve. But do make the effort to go to Kinross anyway, it is a lovely part of the world.

*although there's obviously no reason it couldn't be made, it's not *that* fictional.

Not even the human sacrifices?
We had to go without, there’s a reason a Father Christmas doesn’t come from Wales, lack of Wise Men and Virgins. There’s only so much black magic you can generate from a sheep before the RSPCA start taking interest

Latest Threads