Freedom of thought, opinion and expression being denied and normalised?

Ecology in the GDR? I can't mind that I ever "praised the GDR" for that. Particularly because I actually experienced the pollution there first-hand.
MsG

Which further proves you were delusional when you wrote that post (or just toeing the propaganda line - even though the DDR had long since imploded under the weight of its own corruption).

rmn

LE
I have seen some total howlers on Wikipedia that some people have accepted and used as fact. I would say it is alright as a 'first pass', but needs corroboration from other sources. I would certainly advise against relying on it to get through exams, or if you have a medical or legal issue.

I agree with your last sentence - something I have come to understand as I got older.
Totally agree - really useful for a primery on a subject but people seem to forget that research involves exploring and understanding a topic from many angles.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Which further proves you were delusional when you wrote that post (or just toeing the propaganda line - even though the DDR had long since imploded under the weight of its own corruption).
Right! Whatever! :cool:

MsG

Chef

LE
My, my. Delusional much? Those that control society have had a complete stranglehold for decades (if not centuries). They're so good at it that they've every confidence that muppets like you will sometimes have doubts but essentially continue to believe in their basic narrative. Edited for brevity
I'd go along with some having a complete stranglehold on society for decades. China, Russia Germany spring to mind, possibly Cuba and some of the middle east countries. But centuries?

How many countries are still ruled completely by the same system and people, or their descendants, as they were in 1821?

Latest Threads