Freedom of Speech, Scottish Style

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by oldbaldy, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Is no one allowed to speak against Liarbor politicians in this bloody country?
  2. So where is the Scotsman's investigation into how the Police visit came to pass?. Do all critical emails to such officials result in such action?. Who within the Police establishment set this visit up?.
  3. What lies (if any) did the Lord Provost tell to police to get such a reaction?
  4. One would hope the lord provost is now explaining to the chief constable exactly why he has wasted police time ...............
  5. So was it actually riot police, or did the journo get over ambitious in his writing of two bobbies on the beat driving a van that day? :roll:
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It rather highlights the dislocation of what the police are there for and what they think they are there for. How could nobody see that this crossed the line until now? Are all police stupid?
  7. No doubt the Lord Provost made a complaint of "harassment" citing these 2 e-mails as a "course of conduct" and then some utter c*ck in the local constabulary created a crime report and the nearest available
    bobbies were tasked to pop round and give him a warning about it. You might find that the c*ck in question is a civilian employee with no judgement, common sense or knowledge of the law.

I'm assuming of course that the law in Scotland relating to harassment is similar to that in England and Wales?
  8. I hope they will now charge the Provost with wasting police time.So much for our freedoms of speech.
  9. And they haven't got the brains to say "What the feck is this all about?" Instead of teaching the Plod about every "ism" under the Sun what about a crash course in common sense :!:

This elected official needs to be unelected quickly.
  10. Interesting as it was the ex-Guardsman they quoted and he would recognise a Riot Van.
  11. Yes I would expect an ex guardsman to recognise a riot van, equally I woul expect the average journo to 'sex up' the piece if possible. Did the ex guardsman get to proof read the copy, I think not.
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

It doesn't matter whether it was the entire Tayside Constabulary in Challengers or a single bobby on a bike. The point is that they went at all.
  13. ..... or even that the Constabulary were approached at all. I look forward to those in Dundee chasing this one - a very strange story indeed.

Even if the chaps emails were construed as abusive a reply might have been sent saying so. Not the police.
  14. Maybe someone would like to pay the esteemed councilor a visit and ask WTF he's playing at? :twisted:

John Letford
    40 Invercraig Place, Dundee
    Home Tel: 621291
    Business Tel: 434216

:evil: :evil: :evil:
  15. Anything further on this in the local rag(s) ?.