Freedom of Richmond 11th Sept 2014

Chodmeister

RIP
RIP
Attended this thrash yesterday. Good turnout for what will probably be the last time the Corps exercises it's right. Princess Royal took the salute and inspected the 3 x guards from 2 Div in York, although she only inspected the front ranks she did take the time to chat to every tom.

Disappointed that the Corps' Band wasn't on display but the cavalry one that did the honours were very good.

There was an old fellow cutting about the town square with the aid of a wooden walking stick on which was etched the Corps' motto "Certa Cito", guess he doesn't do irony...

20_Knots

Clanker
Nice, Richmond is a great night out and a lovely place, fond memories, I guess that is another final nail in the Corps Coffin for that area...

The old fellow with the walking stick is still serving - they are issued to LE's on commision...

Chodmeister

RIP
RIP
Nice, Richmond is a great night out and a lovely place, fond memories, I guess that is another final nail in the Corps Coffin for that area...

The old fellow with the walking stick is still serving - they are issued to LE's on commission...

I'd so love that to be true but he was far too old even for an LE officer...have a like though

Good to hear the Corps is still flying the flag in its "spiritual home"*.

*really only applies to the old and bold.