Freedom of Information act your permanent record!

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by ugly, Mar 4, 2005.

1. No cant be AARRSSED

2. Yes Gobsmacked

3. Yes not suprised

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Have you applied for your records yet? I mean all of them every little snitch recorded on your P File. Mine arrived 6 months after requesting. I was told at |Shornecliffe that My IJLB records would be wiped clean when I passed out. Wrong so very wrong! I wa s also shocked and dismayed that after a course when I became top student I could recieve such a poor write up. One course OC actually managed to change my Surname to someone else completely during the report.

Now listen you C*NTS I dont care what you wrote about me as I earn more than you sad gits ever will. I have a good life and would not defend you or this crap country if your life depended on it. It took me many months to get over being so bitter!

Why are some OC's such tossers. Should be nicked for stealing oxygen!

I am sorry if I didnt fit in to the slot you wanted me to fill and wasnt half as thick as you thought I was so up yours. I hope you were all laid of under options and then sacked by the bank for being incompetent.
  2. i'd love to do this , how do you go about it ??
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator
    No info on how to appeal against your records and you only get copies. Thank Feck the rozzers dont get to view these!
    Mine came 2 months after a letter telling me that due to the backlog of enquiries they would not be able to respond within the normal 6 months. They came in a crap hand marker pen written addressed jiffy bag and were in crap order. Got what I deserve I guess.
    Glad to be gone!
  4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Sent for mine about a year/18 months ago and they came within a copuple of weeks.

They even had my crime sheet (Regimental not Company). Annual reports and various other papers. Great to read again. It also contained the postings they made for me while I was on the long term reserve so I now know the units I would have been sent to if the Ruskkies had tried to swim the Channel.

All in all Glasgow did a good job for me.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm not saying the records were wrong but if I had any of that as a reference I'd have sued and cleaned up. Those b*stards were too idle even to get my name right. Thats whats sickening. The good bosses dissapear and the wasters ran my company!
  6. Ugly, if life in the forces was so bad why are you still sad enough to be on this site chatting to like minded people??? I thnink you wish were still here doing a good job... oh I forgot you are another one of those guys who have left and are now running a large multi-national earning 200Kpa!!
  7. CASREP, I'm another of those saddo's who is still bitter about how I was treated whilst in colour service but still post on this site :cry:

I have been treated much better by the TA :D , which I joined after a 3 year break, and I am now coming to the end of FTRS and again feel exactly the same as I did when I left colour service :evil: Suppose I deserve it really, I should have known better :oops:
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

More like £75K as a freelance project engineering manager. I sought out big project feck ups and get things done on time!
    I enjoyed my time in and would love the chance to do it now with all the shiny toys we never had whenI!
    I was just trying to explain why I felt so dissapointed that having given my all for so long and demonstrated alleigancewhere neccessary and loyalty why some couldnt be othered to even get my name right twice on the same sheet of paper major spoilt my happy memories. I am ok with a misspelling but to be a diffwerent name on the report and also be a completely different result from the one read to me by my own oc makes me wonder. If he couldnt be arsed to give me the simple courtesy of writing a report which reflected my intyerview then why bother turning up. I worked hard for my SCBC and I was of the impression that NTW was staffed by good carreer men not wasters like the div that wrote my rep.
    I enjoyed my time so much that I considered re enlisting after a few years but realised that that was more of a sacrifice for my family than for me!
    I can thank my lucky stars that I was MD from reserves so I havent been called to the sandpit! That and being a homeowning voter helps come election year!
  9. This could just be me but the wrong name, different write up from interview etc suggests that a clerk filed the wrong report on the wrong file rather than a great conspiracy.

Some other bloke who was told he was a t*sser may well now be wondering how he was so good and no one told him.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wouldnt have minded but the report starts with my name, reasonable comments and later changes to Lcpl wright or something, I dont even think there was one on our course and proceeds to slate his fitness. Now anybody who knew me then would be shocked at the wreck I have become but I was a racing snake for brecon, like a herd of greased gazelles!
    It really just reinforced my prejudice against people writing reports on you that never met you!
    Always a problem with a co that was never your oc. Unfortunately mine was so my discharge papers lean to the generous side of fairness in my favour. I didnt deserve the loyalty shown by most of my superiors or perhaps I didnt/havent realised how much work I put in at being a good squaddie even if I was a TW*T to command.
    So to all those that put up with me thanks and all those that resisted the urge to give me riftings for dumb insolence/cocky B8stardness thanks as I probably deserved it and you saw something in me worth working on. I guess being a soldier wasnt really my thing despite how much I enjoyed it and my mates seemed to make it all worthwhile! I'm glad that after 7 years I was still only 23 and able to make a fresh start.
    Sorry if this is all moody but I'm 40 today and saying goodbye to my 14 and 11 year old lads this morning has helped me to realise how far I've come since getting of the Bus at Shornecliffe in 81.
    Still didnt get a shag this morning though!
    You think she'd know whatI want for a present by now!
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Why do the officers get an email address, whilst the great unwashed have to write in?
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am so glad that my Pln Commander wrote me such a good report. If you read my discharge red book and then my permanent record there must have been at least 3 people with my name and service number!
  13. After reading this thread I sent for mine, just had a letter back asking for a bill or photocopy of driving license, just in case anyone else was thinking of doing it, might save you a bit of time if you put one in when you apply.

Fair do's quick response so far.
  14. That's quite a bold statement mate. If you earn so much can you give the rest of us a job? I see you earn £75k...I'm no genius :p but I reckon there must be a few of your (admittedly tw@ttish-sounding) officers get more than that.

If at first you don't succeed, then f**k 'em!
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Exactly right about the dosh but as for a job se the fella who dsaid civ div rules are look after No1. I have earned more and yes less in a year but over the last 10 yars I have alwaysbeen able to pay £1500 pcm mortgage and still have beer toikens spare. I have put ex mob mates in jobs knowing them to be loons, hard working loons but still loons. Placing mates c an bring a world of grief on your reputation but can also weigh in your favour when boring no mark civs put in for the same post. Knowing people and being able to fit in works better than any red book after 3, 6, 9 or however many years you enjoy your service then giz a call if your usual avenues of employment run out. Bear in mind, I no longer despite wishes to the contrary blow up things and my shooting is governed by the game acts!