Freed Nazi guard is a man without a country

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by armchair_jihad, Oct 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in January upheld a decision to revoke Johann Leprich's citizenship.

In September, Leprich's lawyer asked a federal judge to order his client released, citing a 2001 U.S. Supreme Court decision requiring the freeing of those still held for deportation six months after a removal order.

The Justice Department said it released Leprich on Monday because Romania, Hungary and Germany refused to accept him, despite high-level meetings with officials from those countries

Leprich, an ethnic German born in Romania, joined the Nazi military organization Waffen SS in 1943 and served as a guard at Mauthausen concentration camp in Nazi-occupied Austria, court records say. About 119,000 people were killed at Mauthausen, including political prisoners, Jews, and Soviet, Dutch and Czech prisoners of war.

He immigrated to the U.S. after World War II and became a U.S. citizen in 1958.

has not Warrior Poet got a spare bedroom?

in full

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/18/nazi.freed.ap/index.html

2. He must be over 80 years old, hardly a menace to society. I bet he is completely asamed of what he done back then. For a suitable punishment he could pay the outstanding gas bill for the camp where he worked :wink:

Standing by!

3. I doubt he is completely ashamed of what he did in thewar. I suspect he is pissed off by being caught and rumbled.

4. Yeah actually you are probably right cuddles, think i had a lefty moment!

5. Unconfirmed reports are that Israel has offered to "accomodate" him.

6. I've heard they'll fly you at least business class from as far away as Argentina, and all at the Israeli tax payers expense!