Freed from Guantanamo, straight back to the front.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OLDBIGHEAD, Mar 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard it on R5L. It does not surprise me in the slightest.
  2. Probably isnt the only one either.
  3. Never mind at least we respected his Human Rights in the end! :evil:
  4. For someone to become this senior in that space of time it does sound like he was taking the piss with all the copious denials, of the 60 former detainees figure quoted though you do start running into the chicken and egg conundrum.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Apparently, he's one of many that have gone straight back to the front.

Of course, I'm still glad we only arrested them and didn't kill them when we found them, and thus ensured their human rights.

What would really help is if they got a bunch of funding for the abuses of their human rights, provided from the litigation services of Phil Shyner.
  6. FFS mate, dont give them any ideas! :wink:
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Even the septics get it right sometimes and lock up guilty people................ then release them :roll:

You might have thought though, that with the amount time invested in him at Gitmo, they would have figured out his leadership potential (if the article is to be believed regarding his current position) as opposed to a part-time poppy picker in the Taliban TA.
  8. But the clever ones are still among us!
  9. Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
  10. i think the whole point of Guantanamo Bay and it's controversy was that they didn't have any human rights and WEREN'T really looked after until they were released
  11. so the kunts could'nt even tell if they'd got a bad guy or not :?
    he might be taliban or might be some random bloke we've tortued him got no info out release him?
    re human rights if you don't know the blokes the enemy tortuing the feck out of him just in case he is does not make a lot of sense.
  12. So they didn't have legal representation, were beaten up and starved. Like I care?
  13. Could that be why ex-Guatanamo prisoners have gone back to fight? Having been illegally detained for a long period under such circumstances, it does not surprise me if some of them are not quite happy with Uncle Sam. The whole Guatnamo affair could well be a boomerang which will do more harm than good.
    But as long as the USA is on the receiving end I am not overly fussed.
    As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That'll explain why murderes commit more murders when they are released I guess - they thought it was unfair they got locked up the first time.