Freed from Guantanamo, straight back to the front.

#2
Just heard it on R5L. It does not surprise me in the slightest.
 
#5
For someone to become this senior in that space of time it does sound like he was taking the piss with all the copious denials, of the 60 former detainees figure quoted though you do start running into the chicken and egg conundrum.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
Apparently, he's one of many that have gone straight back to the front.

Of course, I'm still glad we only arrested them and didn't kill them when we found them, and thus ensured their human rights.

What would really help is if they got a bunch of funding for the abuses of their human rights, provided from the litigation services of Phil Shyner.
 
#7
Biped said:
Apparently, he's one of many that have gone straight back to the front.

Of course, I'm still glad we only arrested them and didn't kill them when we found them, and thus ensured their human rights.

What would really help is if they got a bunch of funding for the abuses of their human rights, provided from the litigation services of Phil Shyner.
FFS mate, dont give them any ideas! :wink:
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#8
Even the septics get it right sometimes and lock up guilty people................ then release them :roll:

You might have thought though, that with the amount time invested in him at Gitmo, they would have figured out his leadership potential (if the article is to be believed regarding his current position) as opposed to a part-time poppy picker in the Taliban TA.
 
#10
Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
 
#11
Tank_Mech said:
Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
i think the whole point of Guantanamo Bay and it's controversy was that they didn't have any human rights and WEREN'T really looked after until they were released
 
#12
so the kunts could'nt even tell if they'd got a bad guy or not :?
he might be taliban or might be some random bloke we've tortued him got no info out release him?
re human rights if you don't know the blokes the enemy tortuing the feck out of him just in case he is does not make a lot of sense.
 
#13
Proper_Gander said:
Tank_Mech said:
Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
i think the whole point of Guantanamo Bay and it's controversy was that they didn't have any human rights and WEREN'T really looked after until they were released
So they didn't have legal representation, were beaten up and starved. Like I care?
 
#14
rickshaw-major said:
Proper_Gander said:
Tank_Mech said:
Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
i think the whole point of Guantanamo Bay and it's controversy was that they didn't have any human rights and WEREN'T really looked after until they were released
So they didn't have legal representation, were beaten up and starved. Like I care?
Could that be why ex-Guatanamo prisoners have gone back to fight? Having been illegally detained for a long period under such circumstances, it does not surprise me if some of them are not quite happy with Uncle Sam. The whole Guatnamo affair could well be a boomerang which will do more harm than good.
But as long as the USA is on the receiving end I am not overly fussed.
As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#15
Drlligaf said:
rickshaw-major said:
Proper_Gander said:
Tank_Mech said:
Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
i think the whole point of Guantanamo Bay and it's controversy was that they didn't have any human rights and WEREN'T really looked after until they were released
So they didn't have legal representation, were beaten up and starved. Like I care?
Could that be why ex-Guatanamo prisoners have gone back to fight? Having been illegally detained for a long period under such circumstances, it does not surprise me if some of them are not quite happy with Uncle Sam. The whole Guatnamo affair could well be a boomerang which will do more harm than good.
But as long as the USA is on the receiving end I am not overly fussed.
As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
That'll explain why murderes commit more murders when they are released I guess - they thought it was unfair they got locked up the first time.

kunt.
 
#16
Drlligaf said:
rickshaw-major said:
Proper_Gander said:
Tank_Mech said:
Unbelievable, I'm glad he was treated with care and still had his "human rights" looked after :evil:
i think the whole point of Guantanamo Bay and it's controversy was that they didn't have any human rights and WEREN'T really looked after until they were released
So they didn't have legal representation, were beaten up and starved. Like I care?
Could that be why ex-Guatanamo prisoners have gone back to fight? Having been illegally detained for a long period under such circumstances, it does not surprise me if some of them are not quite happy with Uncle Sam. The whole Guatnamo affair could well be a boomerang which will do more harm than good.
But as long as the USA is on the receiving end I am not overly fussed.
As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
Of course!!!!! It's all our fault!!!! :roll:

So Mr Innocent leaves Gitmo and is now fast tracked. Do Taliban have a Graduate Entry Scheme? Get real.
 
#17
Biped said:
Drlligaf said:
Could that be why ex-Guatanamo prisoners have gone back to fight? Having been illegally detained for a long period under such circumstances, it does not surprise me if some of them are not quite happy with Uncle Sam. The whole Guatnamo affair could well be a boomerang which will do more harm than good.
But as long as the USA is on the receiving end I am not overly fussed.
As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
That'll explain why murderes commit more murders when they are released I guess - they thought it was unfair they got locked up the first time.

kunt.
If (and note I say "if") a person has been illegally detained, tortured and was innocent, then going to fight against the US when released is entirely understandable - I expect I'd do the same. An analogy can't be drawn with the case of a murderer - who by definition did actually do the murder - committing more murders as a result of being legally detained. It's naive to think that the US's ad hoc approach to justification isn't going to rebound on them in some way.
 
#18
Let's see if a Hellfire respects his 'human rights'. Would save a lot of trouble.
 
#19
Guantanimo will have a similar affect that internment had in NI. Those involved in terrorism will wear the period of detention as a badge of honour. It will boost their credibility and harden their resolve to return to the war. If they were innocently detained it will hardly make them converts to the cause of democracy - at best they will just be hostile and bitter, at worse they will turn to terrorism.

The families and friends of all those detained will be hardened in their attitudes to the West.

Of course some of those detained could be converted to become touts, but that is unlikely because of the cultural differences (good rumour to spread though). The various security agencies will be desperate to find cases which highlight the fact that all detainees were really guilty, just we couldn't prove it. The real facts will be hard to prove in this murky world.

Best course of action is to kill or capture the enemy in the act. Apply full force of international law against any survivors of robust military/police action. Hopelesssly ideological perhaps, but we are dealing with a clash of ideologies and we must act and believe ours is right.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top