Free WW1 ebooks

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by oldbaldy, Feb 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oldbaldy, do some searched on the Gutenberg project website, they promote free ebooks, some really early american military stuff.

Project Gutenberg - free ebooks

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Cant seem to find a way to download

4. Just click the book title then a seperate page opens offering downloads for various aps

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Open link to what ever book you want to view, on left hand side says 'View the book', then gives options for format.

6. Any suggestions for talking books that can be downloaded free. I have a friend who has sight problems and the usual channels arn't that great.

7. Cheers OB, gives me plenty to read over the next 3 months ;)

8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bonnacon, adobe acrobat has a facility to read out books in pdf format, very stephen hawking ish.

For exisiting books read by celebs etc, Id check the torrents, if someone has created it, someone who bought it is sharing it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TA Baldy may your follicles rejuvenate. Sorry if I seemed lazey but it was your post that spured me into thought.

Bollock chops I will give it a go but I fear the Hawkinesque voice my put the old fart off.
    Nice bloke but set in his ways a bit.