Free (well £1) Tickets for Troops Launched

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by POGscribbler, Nov 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good news (and about time!)

THE SUN 04/Nov/2009

TROOPS' FREE GIG TICKETS

BRITAIN'S war heroes will get into top sports matches and concerts FREE in a historic deal organised by Tory leader David Cameron.
    Tickets for Troops, unveiled exclusively in The Sun, will let the country say thanks to Our Boys and Girls.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan football clubs have signed up, along with Surrey County Cricket Club, rugby, athletics and basketball bosses and boxing promoter Frank Warren.

Universal Music and London's O2 centre are also involved. And Adam Spiegel, producer of hit West End musicals Hairspray and Sister Act is providing tickets.

Mr Cameron also pledged free passes for the Olympic Games in London in 2012 after talking to Mayor Boris Johnson.

He said: "It's a really exciting idea. I hope the campaign is taken up by others in all walks of life."

He has persuaded participants to act now rather than wait to see if the Tories win the next election.

Mr Cameron heaped praise on The Sun's Help for Heroes campaign, calling it "one of the most successful, phenomenal charities".

The Conservative Party will announce details of how tickets will be available through The Sun.

The idea is part of the Tories' wider "manifesto for the Armed Forces", which would see troops go to the top of NHS queues.

Mr Cameron also told The Sun he would keep Britain's nuclear deterrent and win the war in Afghanistan if he becomes PM.

He said: "There is a direct link between Afghanistan and the terrorism that confronts us. And I believe in the independent deterrent."

Tickets available here...

http://www.seetickets.com/ticketsfortroops/

PoGS

www.pocketcomms.co.uk

2. I registered earlier, looks really good. Got mine booked for the Masters final in january. YAY! Got loads of football teams and other stuff. Nice to actually get some treats.

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Wow I qualify for this too :D