Free VPN from ThePirateyBay

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by vampireuk, Oct 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Pirate Bay Launches Free VPN - Slashdot

Just installed this myself and most importantly it is free. It will switch your searchbar options to the advertising option but you can easily switch it back to your own.
  2. Fuckin mega!! Whats a VPN do? A err mate was wondering
  3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

It's a tax disc
  4. It tunnels your data to a different destination so nobody can track what you are doing. For example bitorrent, you can download freely without worrying about getting a nasty letter demanding half your property.
  5. Always get my anti virus software going ballistic when I try and down load from pirate bay. Whats the trick?

6. Read the reviews for each torrent, saying it's good or shitware / corrupt / anything it's not supposed to be. Err on the side of caution if you're not sure.
  7. Makes the network think you live in Norway. Can't help wondering why they're doing this. It must cost a packet and they're supplying it for free.
  8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

HIDEMYASS FREE PROXY IS GOOD AS WELL. so i have been told
  9. Hidemyass log everything you do and hand over data when requested.
  10. I stopped using torrents a while back when a lot of guys on the patch got letters, all from a Kings of Leon album IIRC. So it serves them right.
    I started using Usenet and it's the dogs. It costs a little but I get a VPN that I can set to different countries, and I've automated downloads for various US TV shows and often have a complete series before it even gets to UK. I've done similar for films as well. It's also a lot quicker than torrents.

"Slashdot broke a story earlier today claiming that The Pirate Bay had launched a free VPN service called PrivitizeVPN.

Interesting, except for the fact that it’s not a Pirate Bay project.

The Pirate Bay team informed TorrentFreak that they have nothing to do with the service.

They’re just running it as an ad next to the regular download links."