Free U2 album?

Whilst I am no big fan of Bonio and the boys I read with interest that I was going to open my itunes thingy and see their new album on my playlist.
It has not arrived as yet.Is this only for people in the US or something?

ugly

LE
shit group and shit sounds.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

happyuk

War Hero
Well that was a damp squib wasn't it? Look at U2, they gave their new album away, kept going on television to tell everyone it’s the best set of songs they’ve written and what happened? We’ve all forgotten about it. Like many monoliths I can think of (Tesco, the main political parties) the age of the Supergroup is OVER.

As the American music biz guru Bob Lefsetz said not one artist in America has had a platinum album in 2014. Most barely get to gold album status these days - the Stones, U2, Madonna all included.

Same goes for heritage acts like Led Zeppelin and Page's endless tedious money-grubbing re-issues. We already got the best tracks no need for the rejects, no matter how much Page tarts them up. Ditto the box sets and other assorted expensive crap. It’s time Page stopped posing in Guitar World and actually started started playing again. If he still can.

U2 - specifically Bonio (aka Paul Hewson) and The Edge (David Evans) in the Grauniad today defending their "complex" tax arrangements. Bonio said "Just so we pay a fortune in tax. People should. But that doesn't mean because you're good at philanthropy and because I am an activist, people think you should be stupid in business and I don't run with that".
Made oi larf .... No no Bonio, don't bother paying any tax.
You just concentrate on your Activism and not falling off the stage again....
:rolleyes:

DSJ

LE
U2 - specifically Bonio (aka Paul Hewson) and The Edge (David Evans) in the Grauniad today defending their "complex" tax arrangements. Bonio said "Just so we pay a fortune in tax. People should. But that doesn't mean because you're good at philanthropy and because I am an activist, people think you should be stupid in business and I don't run with that".
Made oi larf .... No no Bonio, don't bother paying any tax.
You just concentrate on your Activism and not falling off the stage again....
:rolleyes:

Wrong. Please keep falling off stages. And land on your head.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads