Free trip to see a friend - BBC documentary

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by century, Apr 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you have a burning desire to visit a friend or loved one serving in a distant country?

Do you like the idea of making an extraordinary journey there overland by taxi (expenses paid)?

Century Films is looking for someone to take a black cab from London to a faraway destination of their choice for a BBC documentary.

It doesn't matter where you want to go, as long as you have a strong personal reason for going, and are willing to make the trip by taxi.

Maybe you want to throw a surprise birthday party for a friend?
    Or perhaps you’d like to hand-deliver something special to a family member?
    Do you have a message you'd like to give in person?

If you’re up for the adventure of a lifetime, please email Kathryn.tregidgo@centuryfilmsltd.com ASAP with a couple of lines about where you would like to go and why you would like to go there by black cab.

For more information about Century Films please visit our website: www.centuryfilmsltd.com

2. I could visit my brother in law in Philladelphia, course it isn't that difficult to get a taxi to heathrow and then another taxi at the other end... unless we go by taxi, drive onto a ship and drive off.. still can't see it making a good documentary though

3. Why spend six weeks in a taxi when the driver spends the whole time telling you shouldn't be going.

You know what they're like, opinionated barstewards.

4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Chaps

This is a genuine request, so sensible replies please!

5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Sorry Gov, I don't go south of the river at this time of night" :lol:

6. See what I mean!

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Century Films have made some good documentaries, so this will probably be an interesting project. If only I had somewhere interesting to go!

I note that one film they made was called 'The Fattest Men in Britain', which was presumably a 'before they were famous' look at Messrs Clarke and Prescott.

8. I wish I still knew people in Belize :(

9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Tell thm you've got a mate at Raul's you want to give a present to :lol:

10. Going on the principle of going as far as possible as it's expenses paid.

I would like to go to Japan, find Emperor Akihito and kick him in the crutch as the Japanese government still haven't coughed up adequate compensation for FEPOWs and the paltry sum that HMG finally coughed up was too late as my dad died before it was finally decided.

Don't suppose I'll get chosen but I have these lovely steel capped boots though I bet the taxi is non-smoking.

11. I'd like to take my Father's ashes back to his birthplace, via everywhere he lived as a 30's Army brat , everywhere he served , so that's NW Europe and the Far East and everything he built , so that's all over the place.

What's the mileage on this taxi then? :D

12. Going again on distance, value for money, theirs not mine. I would like to go to Beijing and see if Katie Melua has finished counting those bicycles. Then she can stop singing about them and ruining my concentration as I try to post while throwing the remote at the radio.

13. As a customer can choose his own taxi how about a giving me a call in Garmisch,it´s about euros 1,20 for long trips and gets cheaper as the journey lengthens.

Probably have to charge more though, as I´d have to shovel the shrapnel out refill the sandbags everyday and fit a swinging lamp :p

Mistersoft,yes it´s non-smoking but the boots pretty big,just big enough for your wallet to pay for the trip.And we´re not self-opinionated,we just happenen to be right all the time :twisted: :twisted:

14. msr

msr LE

They won't go over an ocean - I tried

Probably Bos/Kos would be the best bet

msr

15. When are we off then? Wallet packed (full of euros) and of course you're always right, you're paid to be right. Mind you once I get out of the taxi then my opinions might change. As long as we can stop for a fag break every so often then we should make the Austrian border in about three days.