Free travel for Veterans in London - well done Boris!

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by jim30, Jun 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Fantastic - hopefully others will follow. Good to see a politician taking the initiative.

But since he is a Tory I wonder how the Govt will spin this to try and take the credit.

2. Note that this isn't the meaning whereby a Veteran is anyone who has served.

This scheme would be extended to those injured veterans. Rightly so in my opinion, they get screwed over enough by the compensation scheme as it is. Every little helps.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Good result, it just needs extending to the rest of the country now.

I see that Tw@t Twigg was trying to get in on the action.

4. Buggrit...misread the press release....just took a licensed taxi from home to billingsgate to get some jellied eels and was charged £37.

5. Excellent idea, well done.

6. Wootton Basset and Scarborough seem to be doing their bit!

7. This is brill'. I think I remember reading some where about currently serving member of the forces will get 'free' travel any where any time if in uniform? I could be wrong? But this is a great idea, and should be across the whole travel system, in the whole country. But you have to start somewhere, and it's good that London is setting an example for the rest of the countries major cities and towns to follow. Who ever said this man was a mad hatter??

8. Well done that man, and good contribution in the press release from Ross Kemp.
    Nice to see some good news these days.

9. The actual important part, who it covers:

10. Brilliant, I supported Boris all the way through the Major elections. Well bloody done Boris, keep it going!!!

11. Absolutely top drawer.

Well Done Boris.

12. Good man.

13. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Give that man a cigar.

14. I say give that man the country.

WW