Free tickets to Silverstone next weekend 20th/21st August 2011

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Ravers, Aug 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Welcome to World Series by Renault

Renault are giving away free tickets, check out the link above, just fill out the form on the tickets tab and they'll send them in the post.

It's not F1 but it looks like a good day out. I'm going on the Sunday and I'll be hovering near the bar.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers, that could be worth a look in.
  3. Ravers

I went to Brands Hatch for the BTCC two or three years back. The whole way there the missus just ******* whinged about how she couldn't be arsed and that it would be a shit day and how she didn't understand the point in watching cars driving round and round in circles etc. etc.

I took her to a prime spectating position on the first corner and watched as a massive pile up ensued on the opening lap, cars flying through the air, wheels coming off the lot.

She is now a fully converted motorsport fan.
  4. A mate of mine drives his BMWs in the Khumo league, and is often out and about at various circuits through the year. He gets free tickets, and I often tag along and make a weekend of it.

Here's his old car (he's in the A class M3 now):

The weekends usually involve beer, BBQs, racing, beers, BBQs, racing. All sorts of classes throught the day, and it's always good fun
  5. Ravers

Indeed, motorsport rocks. I used to compete in junior grass track, mini stocks and motocross between the ages of 11 and 15. I wasn't old enough for the beer but my old man certainly made the most of it at the weekends.

6. Ravers

Anyone else make it to Silverstone this weekend? It was pretty top I thought, not bad for a freebie.
  7. Yup, was there Saturday. Weather was average, but got nice and sunny around 1600hrs onwards.

A good day out considering it was free. Plenty to see and do.

I now have a shit load of out of focus photos to trawl through and delete from my memory card.