Free Tickets to Meet Chris Ryan **TONIGHT** 11th Nov 2008

I've just received an e-mail to the TA Near You inbox for free tickets to see Chris Ryan speaking at the Mitchell Theatre in Glasgow **TONIGHT** (Tuesday, 11th November), from 7 - 8pm.

The blurb is below - if you're interested, drop me a line at nick [at] tanearyou.org.uk (**please do NOT PM me**) and I will forward you the necessary details to get the tickets. There is a limited number, so first-come first-served and all that.

Cheers, Nick.

--

the e-mail is as follows:

Free Tickets for Chris Ryan Event

I have a number of free tickets for staff for ex SAS hero and writer Chris Ryan, who is speaking at The Mitchell Theatre on Tuesday, 11th November, from 7 - 8pm.

“Gripping action and adventure from SAS hero Chris Ryan, continues with the launch of his new book Twister, number 5 in the Code Red series for readers age 10+.
After ten years in the SAS and the awarding of a Military Medal, Chris started writing about his experiences.
The One That Got Away was the first of numerous bestsellers, the latest being Firefight, published in September.
He joined the SAS in 1984. During his ten years he was involved in overt and covert operations and was also Sniper team commander of the anti-terrorist team.
During the Gulf War, Chris was the only member of an eight-man team to escape from Iraq, of which three colleagues were killed and four captured.
It was the longest escape and evasion in the history of the SAS. For this he was awarded the Military Medal.
Chris also has a new TV series:
Chris Ryan's Elite World Cops, showing Tuesday November 11th on Bravo at 10:00pm
Come and hear Chris talk about his writing for adults and young people.
I think this is an excellent opportunity for young people and adults to meet someone who has real 'street cred' and who is also passionate about books and reading: a positive role model indeed.
I’ve heard Chris speak before and it’s really riveting stuff!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Will Cyril Clunge be there? He is a legend.

I'll be too busy watching his latest series - Elite World Cops - on Bravo tonight. Includes those nutters from Brazil, BOPE, who's idea of "community policing" is to brass up the community with a .50 cal! :headbang: