Free speech

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Poppy, Feb 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. prog on channel 4 now (8pm Monday) about woman reading out names of people killed in iraq war
  2. I'm watching it - its a bit frightening - it seems the law abiding are now higher priority than the law breakers. When will the police go back to being public servants and not politicians
  3. When people wake up and vote the dictator out of No 10?
    When we get a real dictatorship gets in power in the shape of the BNP?
    When we replace one lying barsteward (Blair) with another one........ Tory?

Call me a Mr Picky but politcal correctness far from being a joke has just got a whole new meaning!
  4. They say "Nothing to fear means nothing to hide".

Well, "Nothing to hide means nothing to show" so Bliar and his Gestapo can p!ss off!

Eventually the senior echelons of the forces of law and order will realise that their idiotic attempts to pursue a political agenda have alienated the public they depend upon as their eyes and ears.

Incidentally, I would recommend this initiative to all ARRSErs and others interested in freedom (not the US variety which involves flying people to dodgy countries and beating them to death).

This inquiry calls for a number of fundamental reforms to our political system. I am not particularly fond of the vote for 16 year olds, but the rest of it deserves consideration. I took part in this inquiry last year when it was running and it is good to see the findings published. Hopefully the Lib Dems and the more modern Tories will take on board many of the points, along with those Labour MPs who sit outside the Bliar dictatorship.

Otherwise we'd better start manning the barricades, comrades! ;)
  5. Baldrick66,
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your avatar the judge from The Wall? The one whose lines go
    'The evidence before the Court is incontravertible, there's no need for the jury to retire...'
    How apposite! Well chosen.

Roger Waters for Prime Minister! :D
  6. A far superior choice to the current clown we have in No 10 :)
  7. The power inquiry will not implement anything that contradicts the Human Rights Act, ie if there were a referendum on the Death Penalty (Which the vast majority want) Because this would be in conflict with the HR Act, it wouldn't happen. The whole exercise is New Labour Window dressing to give a semblance of accountability.

Continuing on the Wall Theme:

Mother should I trust the government?

Mother will they try to break my balls?
  8. Last night's dispatches distilled a number of rather sinister issues. The politicisation of the Police is rather worrying. His piece on ID cards was very good and he is quite right; ID cards will not make us safer, they are nothing more than a solution in search of a problem.
  9. I couldnt believe I found myself agreeing with Peter Tatchell - when he said that that couple who had religious beliefs against homosexuality had a perfect right to voice their opinions. The police actually came around to interview them because they wanted Christian leaflets putting alongside council ones promoting homosexuality.
  10. A free and Democratic England is dead.... Long Live Airstrip One!
  11. CB, be careful what you say or you may find yourself in detention or a designated re-education facility.
  12. I get the feeling that most of the population of this country are content to be led into a controlled and monitored society where all "citizens" are classified and registered for their safety and protection. It does smack of a sort of genius type thinking - make the herd respond in a way acceptable to the state and therefore any transgressors will be easier to identify.

Does strike me as funny that 400 (ish) years ago you could be interviewed for not having the "correct" Christian values, now it appears you are interviewed for having those values. Full circle. <that was not a religious rant>

Prefer this Floydd song myself

"The Fletcher Memorial Home"

take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
    and build them a home a little place of their own
    the fletcher memorial
    home for incurable tyrants and kings
    and they can appear to themselves every day
    on closed circuit t.v.
    to make sure they're still real
    it's the only connection they feel
    "ladies and gentlemen, please welcome reagan and haig
    mr. begin and friend mrs. thatcher and paisley
    mr. brezhnev and party
    the ghost of mccarthy
    the memories of nixon
    and now adding colour a group of anonymous latin
    american meat packing glitterati"
    did they expect us to treat them with any respect
    they can polish their medals and sharpen their
    smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for a while
    boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead
    safe in the permanent gaze of a cold glass eye
    with their favourite toys
    they'll be good girls and boys
    in the fletcher memorial home for colonial
    wasters of life and limb
    is everyone in?
    are you having a nice time?
    now the final solution can be applied
  13. A Place to stay, enough to eat,
    Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street,
    Where you can speak out loud about your doubts and fears,
    and whats more,
    No one ever disapperasr, you never hear the standard issue, smashing in your door,
    You can relax, on both sides of the tracks and maniacs, don't blow holes... in bandsmen by remote control,
    And everyone has recourse to the law,
    and no one kills the children anymore,
    No one kills the children anymore,

The Gunners Dream By Floyd, never more appropriate.
  14. Like I said, Waters for Prime Minister! :D
  15. Got to keep the loonies on the path!