Free speech

prog on channel 4 now (8pm Monday) about woman reading out names of people killed in iraq war

I'm watching it - its a bit frightening - it seems the law abiding are now higher priority than the law breakers. When will the police go back to being public servants and not politicians

RABC said:
I'm watching it - its a bit frightening - it seems the law abiding are now higher priority than the law breakers. When will the police go back to being public servants and not politicians
When people wake up and vote the dictator out of No 10?
When we get a real dictatorship gets in power in the shape of the BNP?
When we replace one lying barsteward (Blair) with another one........ Tory?

Call me a Mr Picky but politcal correctness far from being a joke has just got a whole new meaning!

They say "Nothing to fear means nothing to hide".

Well, "Nothing to hide means nothing to show" so Bliar and his Gestapo can p!ss off!

Eventually the senior echelons of the forces of law and order will realise that their idiotic attempts to pursue a political agenda have alienated the public they depend upon as their eyes and ears.

Incidentally, I would recommend this initiative to all ARRSErs and others interested in freedom (not the US variety which involves flying people to dodgy countries and beating them to death).

http://www.powerinquiry.org/home.php

This inquiry calls for a number of fundamental reforms to our political system. I am not particularly fond of the vote for 16 year olds, but the rest of it deserves consideration. I took part in this inquiry last year when it was running and it is good to see the findings published. Hopefully the Lib Dems and the more modern Tories will take on board many of the points, along with those Labour MPs who sit outside the Bliar dictatorship.

Otherwise we'd better start manning the barricades, comrades! ;)

Baldrick66,
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your avatar the judge from The Wall? The one whose lines go
'The evidence before the Court is incontravertible, there's no need for the jury to retire...'
How apposite! Well chosen.

Roger Waters for Prime Minister! :D

stickybomb said:
Roger Waters for Prime Minister! :D
A far superior choice to the current clown we have in No 10 :)

The power inquiry will not implement anything that contradicts the Human Rights Act, ie if there were a referendum on the Death Penalty (Which the vast majority want) Because this would be in conflict with the HR Act, it wouldn't happen. The whole exercise is New Labour Window dressing to give a semblance of accountability.

Continuing on the Wall Theme:

Mother should I trust the government?

Mother will they try to break my balls?

Last night's dispatches distilled a number of rather sinister issues. The politicisation of the Police is rather worrying. His piece on ID cards was very good and he is quite right; ID cards will not make us safer, they are nothing more than a solution in search of a problem.

I couldnt believe I found myself agreeing with Peter Tatchell - when he said that that couple who had religious beliefs against homosexuality had a perfect right to voice their opinions. The police actually came around to interview them because they wanted Christian leaflets putting alongside council ones promoting homosexuality.

I get the feeling that most of the population of this country are content to be led into a controlled and monitored society where all "citizens" are classified and registered for their safety and protection. It does smack of a sort of genius type thinking - make the herd respond in a way acceptable to the state and therefore any transgressors will be easier to identify.

Does strike me as funny that 400 (ish) years ago you could be interviewed for not having the "correct" Christian values, now it appears you are interviewed for having those values. Full circle. <that was not a religious rant>

Prefer this Floydd song myself

"The Fletcher Memorial Home"

take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
and build them a home a little place of their own
the fletcher memorial
home for incurable tyrants and kings
and they can appear to themselves every day
on closed circuit t.v.
to make sure they're still real
it's the only connection they feel
"ladies and gentlemen, please welcome reagan and haig
mr. begin and friend mrs. thatcher and paisley
mr. brezhnev and party
the ghost of mccarthy
the memories of nixon
and now adding colour a group of anonymous latin
american meat packing glitterati"
did they expect us to treat them with any respect
they can polish their medals and sharpen their
smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for a while
boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead
safe in the permanent gaze of a cold glass eye
with their favourite toys
they'll be good girls and boys
in the fletcher memorial home for colonial
wasters of life and limb
is everyone in?
are you having a nice time?
now the final solution can be applied

A Place to stay, enough to eat,
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street,
Where you can speak out loud about your doubts and fears,
and whats more,
No one ever disapperasr, you never hear the standard issue, smashing in your door,
You can relax, on both sides of the tracks and maniacs, don't blow holes... in bandsmen by remote control,
And everyone has recourse to the law,
and no one kills the children anymore,
No one kills the children anymore,

The Gunners Dream By Floyd, never more appropriate.

Like I said, Waters for Prime Minister! :D

Country Bumpkin , I always delete references to coup d'etat, whether in rants or jest because when we first started that scenario was actually seriously suggested as what Arrse was about. Hence the statement on the front door. It wasn't put there as a spot of light-hearted banter, it's actually a statement.

Unbelievable that some people in the halls of power could actually think such a thing, no? But it happened. Therefore I always delete the reference.

There has however been a coup against democracy in this country , only we , the GBP never noticed it. It was done a piece at a time, bit by bit. Soft control was gained of the media , the Armed Forces, the Police and the financial institutions in this country. Once soft control is gained and consolidated , harder control will follow.

I am watching a Police Force become increasingly politicised , not by it's rank and file , but by it's leaders , who rush to do the bidding , no matter how eccentric , of it's Political masters. Huge national Police Forces? Divisive recruitment policies?

I am watching the finest Armed Forces in the world, be emasculated bit by bit , like Chinese water torture, and the people who we look to as our leaders, try to make the best of what they are allowed to have, with only the meekest of protest. I hesitiate to use the word 'appeasement' but I cannot see it is any other way . They give in on issue after issue after issue, then try to sell it to us, as the very next bright and shiny thing, and the future of British Forces, when even the blindest can see it is not. You simply gave more ground, and because you gave ground, you will continue to do so , because there is nowhere left to rally.

This Government has become extremely adept at re-focusing the public's attention "Move along Citizen, there is nothing to concern you here" They have become so adept, that the opposition such as it is, has ceased to exist.

I am watching a Tory Leader, who is nothing but Tony Blair in a Blue suit, more concerned with looking good than actually formulating aggressive opposition policy. I am watching Tory party members on the Media, making the weakest of attacks against the Government and it's policies. Even when they have something to actually get their teeth into , they hesitate. Why? Is it a case now of "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"?

I have watched a disgraced Minister return to the cabinet , with nary a protest. No walkouts from the opposition benches , no protests in Parliament, nothing.

I am watching the Liberal Democrats gain a seat here or there, and being mightily pleased with themselves as they should be , but I do not see the Government unduly worried. Why? Is it because they know there is no effective opposition?

Let the British Public think we still have a fully functioning democracy , we can afford to let a seat go here and there, to reinforce the illusion?

Tell me, how are you going to effect change, when the very opposition you rely on to protest your corner and lead the change, have already been assimilated?

"F**k you Jack, I'm all right"

What have the British public been protesting lately? The right to kill wildlife from horseback , and whether or not their particular superstition has been insulted by Cartoons in a foreign newspaper.

"Oh it's outrageous, I am going to join a far right/ far left wing Party, they know what's needed , it's the fault of all them darkies/Toffs" It's the fault of all them Jews

Oh yes, and so do the Government. Splitting the vote amongst a myriad of smaller entities , strengthening their position, and really reducing opposition. In fact , when I look closer , I am actually starting to wonder if that is the plan. The Labour Hardcore remain the hardcore. In a FPtP electoral system , they have enough members to carry the day in Parliament, the other parties do not.

In the last General Election , I believe (unless corrected) that the Government carried the day with less than a 200,000 majority? Yet the vote was denied , either by accident or design, to 250,000 voters and their families who may very well have had the will and the motive to make a difference.

You may talk of change, but where were the protests when you were denied the opportunity to exercise your democratic rights? It is one thing to rant and rage about what the Government of the day is doing, but when you had the chance to make that change, you did nothing, save for a few good men who are even now fighting to ensure that that scenario, can never be allowed to happen again.

So let's encourage protests by the CA , because that will rally the Class wAr and Anti's to the Red-Banner. Let's allow the Muslims to protest, because that contains lots of lovely threatening imagery, and will drive people into the extremists camp . where their vote will become non-effective.

Oh we'll make some noises , and arrest the odd high profile numpty here and there, to keep the sheep thinking we're actually doing something. We'll make grandiose announcements and talk about 'sweeping change' , but the only change we will really be making, is to erode your personal freedoms , and freedom of choice that little bit more.

Where are the protests against the erosion of democracy and freedom of speech?
Where are the protests against the massive rises in the costs of Electricity and Gas.
Where are the protests against Government malpractice?
Where are the protests against the rising costs of living?

It must be just me having a 'On the road to Damascus' moment , but when I step back, and very coldly analyze what is going on in Britain right now, I see a plan and I see control right down to the very youngest level.

This British Public has been bombarded into a state of quiet aquiesence. I almost wish I had a similar pair of sunglasses as worn by the lead character in "They Live" .

Perhaps then, I could see the messages clearly being broadcast "Watch Eastenders - The World Cup is the most important thing - Spend more on your credit card - Debt is good - Petrol needs to be more expensive - Pubs must open all day, utopia is at the bottom of a glass - You do not need to vote, the Government has it all in hand - Do not think , we are doing that for you.

Britain is sleepwalking into the abyss , but as long as we best the Germans in the World Cup, everything will be tickety-boo won't it.

PTP,I completely agree with your clear exposition of what the situation is,what I fail to see is the reason why?Is it simply the desire for power and dominion over others?If it's personal financial advantage they are seeking they seem remarkably cr4p at it.

(Or is this a question best put to someone like David Icke/Alex Jones/The Protocols of the Elders of Zion?)