Free Sim Cards (o2, Vodafone and orange)

I did the O2 one a while back and recieved 4 sims in the post within a week. Good thing about it is you get 300 free texts per month if you top up with just a tenner. 300 free texts is nothing to sniff at.

you can get the 300 texts without topping up first open the pack put sim in phone dail 248 and register the swipe card in the pack and hey presto 300 free messages straight away :)

poet

War Hero
discodan said:
you can get the 300 texts without topping up first open the pack put sim in phone dail 248 and register the swipe card in the pack and hey presto 300 free messages straight away :)

But you have to top up on that date every month to keep it going :wink:

discodan said:
Ha,ha. It worked aswell. Nice one. I've had those sim cards for donkeys and didn't bother using them. I've got 4 of the buggers aswell. That's me sorted for free texts for the next few months.

poet said:
discodan said:

But you have to top up on that date every month to keep it going :wink:
no ya dont if you run out of texts reset your phone clock and date to the day before your anniversary date leave your phone for 24 hours and hey presto... bobs your uncle fannies your aunty free texts again ;)

this does work I have been doing it for nearly a year... get about 900 texts a month .. ;)

and how do I know this... I used to have a phone shop and there is a few tricks like this out there

Ha ha, even better! Surely they have cottoned on to this though?

How weird.

I've just been on the scrounge on Ebay for simcards as I had my phone cut off yesterday (didn't want to pay the £244 bill)

So now I've ordered 2 Vodafone simcards

Cheers for the link.

sorry to poo on all theories of free this that, it don't work any more particullary well and this is since the invent of 3G compatible networks, they log the IMEI of your phone as you switch on,and the SIM number, match em up and if you have bein caning dodgy (or legit) SIM cards you will end up gettin done, this was always the case however manufacturers would always say the IMEI had nothing to do with it, hence we still have "unlocking" etc today, don't matter it wont change the IMEI ie the identity of the phone, so you are still traceable! also now the tracking technolgy is deeper than just the "cell" as it used to be (whatever they said thats all they could track you to, by old triangulation methods! ) now your mrs can for a small fee see where u r playing, at night! trust me im a gynaecologist! and i know whats goin on mobile wise, just for verification bluetooth was about in mobiles about 6 years ago on a production level!, not got it on yours yet? lol ? Im not sayin big brother or anythin, but as seen as they tax our arses on everything else nowadays, beep beep, is he just reading electric meters? just a thought!

Damn, just bought an O2 one (only £4.99 anyways, but still....)

The rates on theirs are about as good as it gets - any network / any time 25p/min for the 1st 3 mins in a day, then 5p/min weekday and 2p/min weekend after that. Approx 2 1/2 hour call last Sunday cross network came in at £2.30.

Beat the hell out of my old Orange contract.

Plus, with the free texts you can opt (after activating) to take 100 free minutes (any time / any network) instead if you prefer. All round good deal, just ordered another 4 cards to hand round friends.

True enough Rapierman.

Was staggered at the amount of Bluetooth equipped handsets I was able to scan and log in a 45 minute period in Brum, armed only with a laptop, and a 100m dongle

Not sure about the gasboard taking your IMEI , but do TV detector vans just detect TVs? :D

All true enough Rapier, but these are being given away by the operators so shouldn't be a problem. The only payback is that they get your business rather than one of the other companies. The O2 deal is good btw, and the cards for them are available through their shops as well on the same "online" talk / text package, but do cost a fiver that way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NotFredPerry Mobile Phones 18
LordVonHarley Finance, Property, Law 9
discodan The NAAFI Bar 0