Free PC online shooter

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by almerkerkey, Dec 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Combat Arms Came across this while downloading a patch for another game, a decent looking FPS, free to download and play. Plays like a mix between CoD4 and CSS. Team deathmatch, deathmatch and search and destroy modes and a persistent character levelling with upgrades by spending points earned ingame.
  2. Just spent last night getting wasted by children again, when will I learn. The game is pretty good though.
  3. Yeah me too, getting better though, and also found out that your bought weapons and upgrades only last one day, so they are more of a rental, which has it's good and bad points.
  4. That's how they make money. Now all the uber walts will pay good money to run around with Gucci kit in cyberspace.
    Might get better when they upgrade to allow clans. I can feel an UKARRSE coming on.
  5. I've been reading a few reviews and the stuff you can buy with real money on the ingame "Black Market" is mainly cosmetic so the game will remain balanced without having paying members having some uber-weapon advantage over everyone else. All weapons are available to all players although the more GP you pay the longer you keep it.
  6. Very good for a free game
    Whatever happened to Battlefield heroes?
  7. Hi,

I have downloaded the game and registered but I appear to have a problem with it playing.

I click on the icon, click start game, I get the first screen up then all I get is a black screen with a hand as the pointer but nothing else.

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

8. Should come on after a few seconds. Try reinstalling it, well worth the effort.
  9. Check your Fire wall, it could be blocking it.
  10. Also check you have dl'd the correct version. When we first installed on my sons PC we could not connect as it was the Pacific and not European client.
  11. A quick update, this game has now been fully launched with new maps and clan support, and it's still free.
  12. Downloading it now :)
  13. Still alive Birddog??

The gods must have a sense of humour?! :salut:
  14. Do we have an arrse clan for this?
  15. Anyone downloaded this using Vista?
    Mates having dramas downloading it.