Free parking at a base near a London tube station?

I'm due to visit central London next month and vaguely remember hearing something about being able to get free parking at one of the London military bases, which is very close to a tube station.

Anyone know if this is true, and if I need to make arrangements beforehand?

There are spare parking spaces behind Hangar 2 at RAF Kinloss

Free parking at the Union Jack Club, Waterloo

Room costs £42 a day........

Alternatively, drive straight through the gates at the Royal Hospital, Chelsea. By the time the Gate Constable has caught up with you, it wil be time to go home.

marco_poloroid said:
Free parking at the Union Jack Club, Waterloo

Room costs £42 a day........

Alternatively, drive straight through the gates at the Royal Hospital, Chelsea. By the time the Gate Constable has caught up with you, it wil be time to go home.
Think again!

http://www.ujclub.co.uk/accommodation.php

Do you have a car park?
Yes we do. However only members of the Club and disabled guests can book a space in advance, the price is £12.00 per night or free if you are disabled. Other guests can book on the day of arrival if a space is available.

Is there still a multi-storey car park near Stratford train/tube station? If so, does anybody know how much they charge?

Ancient_Mariner said:
Is there still a multi-storey car park near Stratford train/tube station? If so, does anybody know how much they charge?
There is a mega Morrisons superstore right in the centre of Stratford with a car park the size of Chelsea barracks.
You could always chance your arm there???

I remembrer being told that RAF Uxbridge has an honesty system where you park your car and contribute a small ammount depending on how long you leave it for, i.e Airport = more than 2 nights in London e.c.t thats correct as of 04 and i can't see why it should of changed since.

Rockape65 said:
RAF Northholt. Tubestation out the maingate, turn left and 200m up on right hand side of road.
South Ruislip Station as opposed to Northolt but they are both Central Line one station apart.

200 yards up turn up Station approach the tube is in front of you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shandy123 The NAAFI Bar 47
Ancient_Mariner Finance, Property, Law 334
heard_it_all_before Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2