Free Online Courses - IT/History/Finance/Maths/Science/Business

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Dashing_Chap, May 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks pretty good!

All the courses are free, I don't think there's any official qualifications but you can probably still put the course on your C.V.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Who pays for them?
  3. US universities charge high fees for students and, I believe, that this is just altruism on their part. As poined out by D_C you won't receive a formal qualification from them so it won't really do much for your resume but it will enable people to learn about things that they might not otherwise have access to.
  4. I had a look at the Alison website which HHB put up and it says that it is funded by advertising on their website.

5. I use Alison and it is all free. A simple registration opens up a site with lots of courses. Well laid out and not just computer type courses but Management, Health and Safety, First Aid etc. They have just released the MS Office - Word 2010 tutorial so rather than stumbling through using it I will do the course and be able to use it to its full potential.