Free Online Courses - IT/History/Finance/Maths/Science/Business

About Coursera
We offer high quality courses from the top universities, for free to everyone. We currently host courses from Princeton University, Stanford University, University of California, Berkeley, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and University of Pennsylvania. We are changing the face of education globally, and we invite you to join us.

Education for Everyone.
We offer courses from the top universities, for free.
Learn from world-class professors, watch high quality lectures, achieve mastery via interactive exercises, and collaborate with a global community of students.

Looks pretty good!

All the courses are free, I don't think there's any official qualifications but you can probably still put the course on your C.V.
US universities charge high fees for students and, I believe, that this is just altruism on their part. As poined out by D_C you won't receive a formal qualification from them so it won't really do much for your resume but it will enable people to learn about things that they might not otherwise have access to.
I use Alison and it is all free. A simple registration opens up a site with lots of courses. Well laid out and not just computer type courses but Management, Health and Safety, First Aid etc. They have just released the MS Office - Word 2010 tutorial so rather than stumbling through using it I will do the course and be able to use it to its full potential.

Latest Threads