Free Money! (for Grp A Reserve Officer Commissioned Before 01/04/13)

The_Duke

LE
No Duff:

If you are a Army Reserve officer in a Group A unit who commissioned before 01 Apr 2013 you need to get a copy of ABN 016-14 and JPA F011 from your unit admin chain.

It is worth somewhere between £250 and £707 to you, cap badge dependant.

Cut off date for claims is 31 Mar 14 so move now.

The_Duke

LE
Because the Army required them to have No 2 dress, non-standard belts, hats, shoes etc but without the grant that was provided to regular officers on commissioning to buy it. It is a one off grant as a contribution towards this. Officers do not have to provide receipts, but need to satisfy the authorising officer (CO, TM or OC) that they have bought the items or have committed to buying them.

It will not be needed again as all those commissioning after that date should (?) have been issued No2 dress rather than being required to purchase it.

What about those that blagged a Service Dress as a freebee from the QM, mates or had even, erm.....found one that didn't belong to anybody?

I hope the powers that be are not wasting my hard earned taxes by giving these Ruperts extra Sheckels for nothing.

For Christ's sake............they get an very good annual bounty just for doing their MTD's

The_Duke

LE
What about those that blagged a Service Dress as a freebee from the QM, mates or had even, erm.....found one that didn't belong to anybody?

I hope the powers that be are not wasting my hard earned taxes by giving these Ruperts extra Sheckels for nothing.

For Christ's sake............they get an very good annual bounty just for doing their MTD's

It is "One Army", and gives parity to Regular officers who have been doing exactly that with their unifom grant for years.

The_Duke

LE
The ABN entitles you to demand a Sam Browne from the QMs too (if you don't already possess one, obviously).

I will quite happily take the £250 without the slightest feeling of guilt as I consider the now defunct SD hanging in my wardrobe.

The ABN entitles you to demand a Sam Browne from the QMs too (if you don't already possess one, obviously).

I will quite happily take the £250 without the slightest feeling of guilt as I consider the now defunct SD hanging in my wardrobe.
No shame eh? tut tut tut!

I have a veritable plethora of kit which I am suspiciously reluctant to part with. My days militarily are gone and I cannot recall receiving any such payment for commissioned service once I had completed my 22, nor would I pursue same.

Good luck to those who do mind

Latest Threads