Free meditation course and day workshops in London... autumn 2011

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by catherinev, Sep 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all

Another free meditation course at the Sir Oswald Stoll Foundation starts on Monday morning, 26th September 2011... info below, and there are some day workshops happening in West and North London as well, on Tuesday 25th October, Thursday 24th November, and the weekend of 17th and 18th December.

Please have a read and if interested get in touch. You will be very welcome to join
    Have a look at our website for more info and what soldiers say about meditation. London Meditation Project | Testimonials

Best wishes to one and all,

Catherine

26 SEPTEMBER - 28 NOVEMBER 2011, EVERY MONDAY, 10.00AM - 12.00PM
    'Peace of Mind': Ten weekly sessions of meditation for military veterans and homecoming service-people led by the London Meditation Project

In these friendly sessions you will have the opportunity to learn meditations that help you find your own calm centre and inner resources. Supportive and respectful training in relaxation, meditation and mindfulness-based stress reduction, giving you effective skills to relax more deeply, manage stress and begin to heal the invisible wounds of war, in the company of a group of other veterans.

Please do your best to commit to attending for the whole ten weeks if you can: it works well with the group all being there together each week. It's fine if you miss one or two sessions, just come to as many as you can. No previous meditation experience is needed.

Sir Oswald Stoll Foundation, 446 Fulham Road, SW6 1DT, 020 7385 2110

Please book your place in advance via the booking form at London Meditation Project | Peace of Mind: Meditation Events or email us

Cost: there is no charge for this course: donations are welcomed.

10.30am - 5.00pm
    TUESDAY 25 OCTOBER and THURSDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2011
    Day retreat for veterans and Service-people

Supportive and sensitive training in deep relaxation, meditation and mindfulness-based stress reduction, giving you skills to relax more deeply, manage stress and begin to heal the invisible wounds of war, in the company of a small group of other veterans. These day retreats are very welcoming and friendly, and include a tasty home-cooked lunch!

On these day retreats you will have the opportunity to learn meditations that help you find your own calm centre and inner resources. Supportive and respectful training in deep relaxation, meditation and mindfulness-based stress reduction, giving you skills to relax more deeply, manage stress and begin to heal the invisible wounds of war, in the company of a group of other veterans.

Please book your place in advance via the booking form here, or call 020 89809289, or email: catherine@londonmeditationproject.org

West London Buddhist Centre, 94 Westbourne Park Villas, London W2 5EB

Cost: there is no charge for this day: donations are welcomed!

10.30am - 5.00pm
    SATURDAY 17 DECEMBER & SUNDAY 18 DECEMBER 2011
    Weekend retreat for veterans and Service-people

A non-residential weekend retreat for veterans and homecoming Service-people. Supportive and sensitive training in deep relaxation, meditation and mindfulness-based stress reduction, giving you skills to relax more deeply, manage stress and begin to heal the invisible wounds of war, in the company of a small group of other veterans. This weekend will include:

• a talk by ex-Marine and Falklands war veteran Mark Curtis, who will share some of his own journey
    • great food and friendly company
    • a 'pop-up Healing Zone' with alternative therapists offering free aromatherapy and other healing treatments

Access: There is good disabled access and facilities inside this building but three big old steps at the front, so please let us know your needs in advance and we will help with access.

Please book your place in advance via the booking form here, or call 020 89809289, or email: catherine@londonmeditationproject.org

North London Buddhist Centre, 72 Holloway Road, London N7 8JG

Cost: there is no charge for this day: donations are welcomed!

2. I really, really, really hate you Catherine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I feel your pain, blud.

Maybe you should do one of her courses, clillax, innit!

4. I want to staple my penis to your daughter's armpit and spend my afternoons pissing on her whilst frantically sand-papering her nose off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Meditation course.............???

Hmmm......let me think about it.

6. Oh come on, you know you really want to come and enjoy some of my apple crumble with the rest of the lads. At least there's that - even if you hate, hate, hate the meditating!

7. Is that a euphemism?

• Like Like x 1
  8. It would fit nicely with "eating the raisen" and "tossing salad".

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nope there is real apple crumble. With cream. No euphemism.

I will go no further down this murky road.

10. The force is weak with this one. You don't need meditation. You need a night on lash with me.

I'll release the inner-slut in you. By the end of the weekend you'll be a fully fledged cum-junkie, and you'll feel far more refreshed than any meditation session can achieve.

I tell you what....try me, if it doesn't work I'll try your "hommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Not so sure about the meditation, but the scran sounds nice.

12. Eating Catherines pie does sound appealing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Do we get pie before or after they talk? If it's before, I might do it - free pie is free pie, but afterwards, nah, I'm not going to listen to some dribbling fanny for some free pie!

14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

My mission is merely to set these things up, smudge. I leave it to others to close the deal.

15. Can this thread get any more python-esque?

Aimez vous la crumble Mme Premise?

Whilst you decide, don't forget to sign the anti-walt petition here Military Impostors - e-petitions