Free Leisure - Bury

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by ftreqptmyass, Jul 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bury MBC announced that all seriving soldiers, sailors and raf personnel would be allowed free use of leisure facilities upon production of their ID card. they also said they would be extending this to ex -service personnel?They forgot the RM as they were considered to be Sailors; the RM Association quickly debriefed the Council:)

Apparently there are over twenty councils who have taken this bold move, hats off to them all, anyone know who the others are?

Those still serving stay save

Those who have left , be thankful for small merices and stop bleatign how you never had such things:0
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

How are ex service folk being ask to prove it so they can take up the offer?

I presume you mean bleating and were just looking for a bite.

Tanks for the info but this is not the forum to have a pop at people.
  3. Ive got this and all you need is a MOD 90 which means UOTC can use it for free as well but at least the thought is there.
  4. Hmm, maybe they'll give us free (or reduced) entry into Gigg Lane to watch the Mighty Shakers? I'd certainly be interested, although I'm not up there very often these days unfortunately.
    Peanut Head
  5. Also free use of the council run gyms in Bacup, Rawtenstall... just need to be on the electoral roll. This includes wife and kids.
  6. Any idea if Burnley boilers qualify??
  7. Congleton leisure centres are free, but Stoke on Trent are not.