Free kit for ACF

As I'm due a large delivery within a few weeks I'm clearing out more and more stuff, anyone local associated with Berkshire ACF fancy some Grade 2 Bergens which whilst clips might all be working the side zips maybe broken and metal back frames missing

JJWRacing

Clanker
My son is in the Cornwall ACF and his Platoon is at the bottom of the food chain for kit. I will love to take some of your hands. kind regards JJ

My son is in the Cornwall ACF and his Platoon is at the bottom of the food chain for kit. I will love to take some of your hands. kind regards JJ
Is your county still allowing full size bergen?

Mine only allow the silly little 50 litre mtp jobby from cadet direct. My county staff say it's a national policy, but I can't find it written down anywhere!

Is your county still allowing full size bergen?

Mine only allow the silly little 50 litre mtp jobby from cadet direct. My county staff say it's a national policy, but I can't find it written down anywhere!
Reason fir that is the weight, young bones etc. I was told that when I tried to offload dpm kit. Unless you fit a 50 litre with bricks you shouldnt be able to fit more that the cadet sleeping system, 24 hr
rations and basha kit. Unlike reservers and regs who have to take two kitchen sinks incase the first one breaks.

Boxy

GCM
Reason fir that is the weight, young bones etc. I was told that when I tried to offload dpm kit. Unless you fit a 50 litre with bricks you shouldnt be able to fit more that the cadet sleeping system, 24 hr
rations and basha kit. Unlike reservers and regs who have to take two kitchen sinks incase the first one breaks.
Adding to that, their bodies are still developing and permanent damage could result from using adult sized bergans cos the little darlings will totally overload them. The same reasoning behind the fact that hey are only s’posed to use the training vest...also by pure coincidence supplied by Cadet Direct....

I quite agree that little developing bodies shouldn't be overladen!

I'm just amazed that this policy has circulated by word of mouth, instead of being posted as an official document (with a unique title or reference number) on Westminster.

Boxy

GCM
I quite agree that little developing bodies shouldn't be overladen!

I'm just amazed that this policy has circulated by word of mouth, instead of being posted as an official document (with a unique title or reference number) on Westminster.
I had a brief look on WM yesterday but no joy

I had a brief look on WM yesterday but no joy
That's my point. I first heard it when I was halfway through my PI courses in 2014.

At about this time, my county ordered us to eliminate stocks of surplus or civie rucksacks. Then my detachment received an issue of six "official" backpacks. We had 43 cdts on the roll, and we were typically sending 25-30 cdts on every Coy Weekend.

Five & three-quarter years on, I never saw a BRO, DIN or even a .pdf file that spelt this out in black and white text.

That's my point. I first heard it when I was halfway through my PI courses in 2014.

At about this time, my county ordered us to eliminate stocks of surplus or civie rucksacks. Then my detachment received an issue of six "official" backpacks. We had 43 cdts on the roll, and we were typically sending 25-30 cdts on every Coy Weekend.

Five & three-quarter years on, I never saw a BRO, DIN or even a .pdf file that spelt this out in black and white text.
If there's no policy then this is BS...

Boxy

GCM
All I can find at the moment is in the Fieldcraft Pam where it says all cadet Units are issued with....the vest and bergan, that’s not a direct quote BTW

All I can find at the moment is in the Fieldcraft Pam where it says all cadet Units are issued with....the vest and bergan, that’s not a direct quote BTW
just the one of each I see!

If there's no policy then this is BS...
That's what I'm getting at. I've spent five years wanting to shout "the Emperor has no clothes!".

However, if other counties are also saying no cadet should do fieldcraft in anything other than the (strangely expensive) cadet handbag, despite the lack of written policy, the idea started *very* high up the foodchain.

It was just heartbreaking seeing 1* test candidates do a tactical move to patrol harbour with L98 under one arm, and a red hold -all (draped in scrim net, FWIW) in the other hand.

Talon

Old-Salt
I can 100% confirm that there is NO national policy that prevents cadets from using the infantry bergen. If your county is doing this, they are doing it off their own back. Don't blame RC for it!

It is the duty of the instructors to ensure that cadets are not overloaded, not to give them a smaller bag and hope they pack the right stuff in it. At the end of the day, the cadets aren't going to be tabbing for miles with the thing on their back. 99% of the time it is 100m or so from the minibus to the harbour area.

Latest Threads