Free IT courses for TA (and reg) Soldiers & MOD contractors

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Oct 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quite a comprehensive set of courses on offer including IT training, ECDL, Business, PRINCE2 and ITIL training and exams.

but what is the definition of MOD Contractor, I am working on a MOD contract to provide an IT solution, does that mean I am eligible (I can get a MOD contractor ID card if needed - so I would presume yes).
  2. You're eligible anyway surely?
  3. msr

msr LE

4. Have an idea about generating potential recruits from workmates. (MOD is a good employer etc)
  5. And a advert for the courses

Attached Files:

6. msr

msr LE

DELC access is free and provided you can justify the Shriv courses as part of your TA job, I believe they are free too.

7. Yes they are free, if your in 15 Bde the entrance to 2 AEC/DELC is the door to the right of 15 Bde HQ (about 25m) on the top floor. They will open on weekends if booked in advance (pity, cause I had several soldiers who I would have put on courses this weekend).

See the course booklet below (available from the location above and Imphal cook house p.s. (edit) or the link msr posted)

Attached Files:

8. msr

msr LE

Also, you can access the DELC material online, from home.

9. msr,

I'll ask tomorrow if we can be paid commission
  10. msr

msr LE

It's been on the wiki since I wrote the page about 2 years ago :)
  11. Are they still free if the course I want to do is totally unrelated to my role in the TA?
  12. msr

msr LE

DELC - yes

Shriv - get creative ;)

13. ^I believe they are. Its computer based training so the cost is little
  14. Not forgetting home access to the DLP as well. :wink: