Free holiday?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Signaller..., Jan 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Home

Okay all. I would like to conduct a poll.

If you had served in Afghan but had not been, traumatised, injured or disabled, would you still apply for one of these holidays for free? Or do you think we are morally obliged to keep this charity for people who "really need it"?

comments please.

(and no, I don't ever intend on applying because I am not any of the above)
  2. "Priority is given to wounded and disabled serving and ex serving personnel. All family personnel who have served in combat zones are welcome to apply, if villas or apartments are not booked they will be allocated to deserving serving/ex serving personnel. In these cases there would be a charge for electricity."

The above is from their website, think that answers your question.
  3. M.A.R.C.H. replies: Many people have donated villas and apartments with the intention of giving support to the armed forces. They want military personnel who have served their country, to holiday in these. Yes, the website says "injured/disabled/traumatised etc" but at this moment we have so many weeks that are not taken up with the above and we believe, as do the owners, that they should be occupied by heroes, which you all are, having served in theatres of war, past and present. We are supported by SSAFA, Cyprus, and many other organisations, just ordinary people wanting to do their bit.

Yes, God marches fast and wears a green beret and many other colours too. Hope this answers your negative response and criticisms. Home
  4. I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't criticising your organization. I was merely trying to answer the original question.
  5. I am sorry if I mistook your post, only I have had emails from people who have been made to feel a cheat for applying for these holidays, which is why I posted the reply I did. You see also there is a charge for electricity, this is because we try not to put the owners of the properties to any undue expense. Air conditioning in the summer is used continuously as is heating in the winter. I hope anyone who is under any misapprehension will contact me at M.A.R.C.H. thanks for your comments. Alan Wilson
  6. Willyfixit....thank you for clearing this up. Keep up the good work