Free gift from DEME(A) - Thank you.

Discussion in 'REME' started by Maj_Boothroyd, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Er some of you may have to wait a while for this one, but today in the post i received a framed certificate from DEME(A) and a personnal letter from Nigel (I can call him that now), congratulating me on my fantastic service over the years. Totally unexpected and unbriefed, and if I hadn't taken my military head off three months ago I would have called it an IED!

Thanks very much, it'll be on the wall in my office as soon as I can track down a hammer and a nail. :thumright:

2. Ill save some space in my crapper, for mine then.

3. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I made mine into brake caliper shims :highfive:
    Nah , it's in the docs folder somewhere, I'll clear a space in the bog for it some day/
    :cyclopsani:

4. The guy I work with got his, and after the cut and paste woffle it had his name, rank and number..............RLC !! Guess where that got filed.
    Glad mine was hand written.

5. Gentlemen no thanks required as it was an absolute please to abuse you for 22 years then send you this bit of paper thanking you for it....no honestly it was.

6. Crusty,

RLC - where on the certificate? Is your mate confusing the REME cipher?

7. It is after all a very confusing cipher!!!

8. Got mine last week....nice way of saying 'thanks for giving us some of the best years of your life, now f**k off!'

9. I've got 2 in my office but I cant track down the guys who they belong to - friggin 'early-release' scam........

So if anyone wants one bang me a cheque in the post and you can have 'em. You can even have my own personal one if you wait a couple of years...........

Lovely idea - poorly executed - that'll be REME then................

10. There's no pleasing some people. What do you want ? A DEME(A) gobble ?

Mind you ...

11. Aye 22 years done, grafted long and hard. Heres a piece of A4 now fcuk off and don't let the door hit your arse on way out.

12. As opposed to 22 years and fcuk off with nowt? Which is what we had previously. At least somebody has decided to do something about a fare-thee-well from the Corps. Were you expecting something more shiny for no outlay?

Even if you think the presentation is gash, the thought counts for something, IMHO.

Then again, you can't please everyone.

13. I appreciate the thought, it is a step in the right direction. Why can't we get a slightly better thank you? Maybe we could increase Corps subscriptions to offset it? I know the arguement will be that personnel leave at different stages but the leaving gift could represent the time served. Anyone any more ideas on this.

14. alb

alb Clanker

I have seen many leave the REME after 22 years who are serving at small units and get nothing. The certificate is a start however if you serve for 22 years then you should get something more substantial. What about some form of commemerative coin, figure, REME badge, etc which reflects the 22 Years of service preferably something slightly more valuable than a framed certificate. I not after a bronze statue or something the Corps cannot afford but would like to see 22 years service properly recognised.

15. And a not inconsiderable pension, a useable trade, What do you really want?
    How about a demob suit and goodbye your CONTRACT is completed.