Free footie anyone

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by finnjim, Sep 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This would be good if it caught on nationwide.
    Only a second div team with a Premier league idea

THE Wee County’s brave soldiers are to be given free passes to Alloa Athletic home games this season in a message of thanks from the club.

Club officials say they are the first in Britain to welcome serving military personnel to their matches free of charge and hope that other clubs will follow suit.

Alloa businessman and club director Mike Mulraney, said: “We had a board discussion about it and voted unanimously in favour of inviting serving military personnel along for free.

“All of our men and women are going through a tough time when they are away fighting for their country.

“And when they return, we thought it would be nice for them to be able to come along and enjoy a day at Recreation Park free of charge.

“We think we are the first in Britain to take on this initiative and as long as our soldiers are seeing action we will look to continue this arrangement.

“Certainly I have not heard of a similar set up elsewhere in Scotland but we are hopeful that others will follow suit and allow serving personnel to visit matches free of charge.

“One or two of the older guys on our board are ex-army and it means a lot to them.

“So we just wanted to make a gesture in way of thanks to all those who put their lives on the line for the good of us at home – and we hope it will be well received.”

Local politicians and councillors have praised the club for the move and called for all football clubs to show their support a well.

Ochil MP Gordon Banks, said: “This is a great move by the club and this gesture shows their support for our troops while home on leave who, on production of the appropriate I.D., will gain access to all home games.

“I think Alloa should be congratulated for this venture and all clubs should follow their lead, in a show of support for out troops.

“Alloa are a small club with big ideas and this venture shows their commitment to not only the local community, but to the service men and women protecting our country.”

A spokesman for the MoD, said: “We are very grateful for this gesture from Alloa Athletic and we are sure our soldiers who are Wasps fans will make the most of this opportunity.

“This sort of community support means so much to our men and this is definitely the first instance we are aware of in the UK where a football club has offered its services in such a way.”

2. Where the fcuk is Alloa?

PS: Only poofs go to watch footie.

3. In the county of Clackmannanshire Scotland.
    Where just a week ago they had the honour of burying a member of the Para Reg, KIA.
    http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/ At the same time you can read about another Wee County KIA, added to L/cpl Craw makes the smallest counties contribution to Iraq and Afg 3
    Bugger all to do with footie, all about honouring our fighting men. Pity some of the bigger clubs don't do the same, they are too busy trying to make money

4. Where the feck is Clackmannanshire?

5. West of Perth and Kinross.

6. North of the M4 then?

7. Sounds to me like you are almost boasting about how many people kia your area has buried, this is sad and nothing to boast about.

The only wee country i know about is "Our Wee Country". A term applied to Northern Irish squad for a number of years now which the Scots have obviously tried to latch onto.

Also, the only reason people are being given free access to see Alloa is because no-one would pay to go and see them. When they realise this next season they'll be enticing people in at the gate with the offer of free half-time pies. Shit ones!

8. Even further north than Watford.

9. Sounds to me like you are almost boasting about how many people kia your area has buried, this is sad and nothing to boast about.
    Boast about KIA, are you effing mental?

The only wee country i know about is "Our Wee Country". A term applied to Northern Irish squad for a number of years now which the Scots have obviously tried to latch onto.
    Learn to read shit for brains, it's WEE COUNTY

Also, the only reason people are being given free access to see Alloa is because no-one would pay to go and see them. When they realise this next season they'll be enticing people in at the gate with the offer of free half-time pies. s*** ones!

Granted they only draw about 400 on a good day, all the more reason to applaud their action.

But your still a cnut