free flags for St Georges Day

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Poppy, Apr 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DARTFORD: Free flags for residents to celebrate St George's Day
    12:30pm Monday 13th April 2009

FREE flags are being given away to residents to help celebrate St George's Day for the fourth year in a row.

Dartford Council will be giving away 200 St George flags at the council’s civic centre on a first-come-first-served basis from April 20.

The day will also be marked by events in the town centre with a band performing at One Bell Corner, in the High Street.

Residents can hear the A Capella Trio singing a medley of traditional and patriotic songs between 11am and 3.30pm on April 23.

Jeremy Kite, leader of Dartford Council, says St George's Day is a day for everyone to be proud of England and Dartford.

Cllr Kite said: “St George’s day is a special day for everyone and I firmly believe we should all be joining in the celebrations to make the day as big an occasion as possible.

“It’s important to reclaim the flag for everyone to use and it’s a great way for us all to show our support. I hope to see the town awash with red and white on April 23.”

good for Dartford Council
  2. Maps are in the post.
  3. As a Taff, I agree, well done.
  4. So,not "offensive" to any other culture/religion? Good for Dartford!