Free electricity?

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by BrandySoured, Jan 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not really but these Italian 'scientists' claim success in the cold fusion race and like the last two, it is oh so simple. Pity none of the serious bodies accept there views then.

Cold Fusion video

2. msr

msr LE

No:

The response

Rossi and Focardi’s paper on the nuclear reactor has been rejected by peer-reviewed journals, but the scientists aren’t discouraged. They published their paper in the Journal of Nuclear Physics, an online journal founded and run by themselves, which is obviously cause for a great deal of skepticism.

msr

3. Thought this was going to about bypassing the meter

4. One needs a heavy coil for that then with a neat piece of wiring and a couple of probes from a set of test-leads it can be connected to an domestic feed at a meter. The heavy coil will create an opposing electro-magnetic field to the one that is used to drive the wee wheel in the old type meters. Apparently. Or so a man in a pub told me Your Honour.

Not exactly free, more freed.

5. Heard stories of people lying the meter down or jamming a 35mm negative in it to make the wheel spin slower.

6. When I was 13 my brother and I came up with a perpetual motion fuelless engine, I'm keeping the design until oil runs out (in about 3yrs) then bow before your new master!:)

7. The Tims in W. Belfast used to tap off the 240v streetlights. Quite a few TVs blew up when the street lamps went to 400v

8. Wasn't it supposed to be 50p made from ice, no evidence then either?

9. When I first bought my house in 94 I had it completely rewired and was told by the sparky that you had to just remove it from the wall and tilt it forward until the wheel stopped.

10. That was the coin operated meter boxes. We tried it when I was a student and jammed the mechanism. Had to wait until it had melted and hoped to god we didn't electrocute ourselves.

11. Sorry, but I've already got the patent out on a Thermo-Electric Generator that will keep the country going for megayears ... A simple heat engine placed on the roof of a certain building with a big clock that's located somewhere in London and driven totally by hot air rising from a couple of Chambers within that building.

12. Had an interesting situation where the local electricity people gave up on fixing a fault on the suply to a neighbours house and basically used jump leads from before their neighbours meter to provide power until they could get the digger in.
    Mug the MEB man, he has the kit in his van.